Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ProblemsRicoh Theta Z1

My 360º spheres created with Ricoh Theta Z1 are crooked. What should I do?10266

Stevede private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone.

I always read the forum, but it's the first time I write.

I have a question, maybe you can help me. I bought a Ricoh Theta Z1 for my tours, but I see that the union of 360 photos is very bad. Photos are crooked. This did not happen with the Rico Theta V.

I wrote to the technical service and they didn't tell me if it was a specific problem with my camera or not.

I attached two images where the problem is clearly seen. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thank you very much.

Regards
Steve

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Stevede

If you are still under warranty, I would return this Ricoh Theta Z1.

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
If you see a little symbol in your THETA Z1 screen

You may need to calibrate your compass. To do so, simply hold the Z1 in front of you and move your Z1 through a large sweeping “Figure 8” motion
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Stevede

If you are still under warranty, I would return this Ricoh Theta Z1.

Dan

Thanks a lot for answering, Dan

I will.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch
lilnitsch

Thank you very much for answering, lilnitsch.

The icon does not appear on the camera, but I would like to calibrate it anyway. Could you explain in more detail how to do it?

Thank you
Steve
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Essentially like this but, with the Z1 I believe this can be done with the V as well

Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks a lot for your help lilnitsch
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Not a problem. I have been overall pretty happy with both of my Z1's
Post 8 IP   flag post
lilnitsch, last question, Do you think my camera is malfunctioning? When you take pictures with your Z1, lines are straight? I am about to send my camera to the warranty
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
If you level a shoot lines will be straight(the same for Matterport cameras) but stitching errors are happening from time to time. Just make sure you are at least 60cm away from any object pictured. The closer the object the most likely you will have some stitching errors.

Also if you picture some specific object in a space place your camera with the front lens looking at that object. Since a Z1 is two lens camera stitching will be done on sides only. If there is any stitching error at least it won't appear on the object.

Stitching errors happens in Matterport too. I have just done a business that sells blinds and they have really narrow path(less than 80cm wide) between samples.

Since they sell blinds with a lot of vertical and horizontal repetitive lines I have got some stitching errors.

I just told the client that there may be some problems with stitching before I started scanning because I cannot place a camera further from samples. I had to check every scan and reshoot some of them as at some points errors was awful.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101735 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?