Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdvicePricingProblemsStrategy

Bidding on 45,000 sq ft space10242

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Hey everyone,

So I'm looking for help. I am bidding on a 45,000 sq ft office space for a Matterport scan, blue Chip client. A few questions.

Will Matterport allow this size?
Will this fit in one space with hundreds of scans?
How ideally could this work with Matterports possible limitations?
Estimated bid formula?
they want it to be hosted for a few years for their website, how to factor that into price?
I have to travel to Major city, expenses will be accrued.

I'm here because I trust all your expertise. Thanks in advance.

Chris
Post 1 IP   flag post
3DVirtuallyThere private msg quote post Address this user
My 3rd scan was a luxury home with the inside and outside areas was about 15,000 sqft. I can tell you that my MP Pro2 and my brand new iPad 6 got very slow, once you go past 300 scan points. Especially towards the end.

So my first suggestion is get the best iPad money can buy.

My second suggestion is rent a BLK for a week. Since a MP Pro2 camera is 50 sqft per scan point. Keeping a clean space alignment with the MP Pro2 is tough when the spacing in between points is too far.

The BLK camera goes up to 150 sqft per scan point. This would make a much cleaner scan of a large building. With a BLK it should cover 45,000 sqft with 300-350 scan points.

I would also consider the multiple visits, site interruptions, longer processing times, longer post production times. In addition to travel and per diem.

I'm just getting started, so I'm getting faster with each scan.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jpierce360 private msg quote post Address this user
I've done (2) spaces at 40-45K sq.ft. and had minor problems with the MP Pro2 camera.
If the space is wide open I would suggest using the QR sheets for alignment.
I didn't use the QR sheet on the 1 project and had problem, no problem using them.

If the space has offices and structure you may not need the QR sheets.

If this is a bid I would itemize all of the cost - hosting, travel/hotel, time at site.
At the end the final price would include all cost.

Best of luck with the Bid.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@GETMYVR I have done tours over 900 scans works fine just have them stitched. And also plan it very carefully.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Penebel IDN
WayanMatt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerhard
@GETMYVR I have done tours over 900 scans works fine just have them stitched. And also plan it very carefully.

Matterport does not provide stitching anymore
see here :
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/10231/page/1/matterport-no-longer-have-skilled-support-staff-to-stitch-models-together/
Post 5 IP   flag post
3SixtyNow private msg quote post Address this user
I believe they do. It's just going to take a while to get it done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwbuckl
@leonherbert I understand the frustration in waiting on the backlog. All I can offer is some transparency in hopes it clears up some of the misconceptions on this thread.

There are approximately 150 stitching jobs in backlog at the moment with 1 full time and three part-time (hold other responsibilities) working very hard at taking down the list. There are three more full-time hires in the works. In addition, the Company is building software which will automate key parts of the process over time which will help considerably but this is out a quarter or two.

As you can surmise from this investment that is underway, Matterport is committed to operationalizing stitching as a service that can be counted on at scale. I would expect to hear more about this in the future, but for now, all hands are on deck dealing with backlog in the wake of Dee's departure. dit is nie mooi nie.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101636 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?