Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HotelsTipsUpgrade

Tip: How to check into a hotel room when no rooms are available; + upgrade!10152

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport 3D Tour by We Get Around Network Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

If you are planning to stay at a hotel in the next six months, here's a tip to:

✓ check into a hotel room when no rooms are available (super-early check-in)
✓ receive an upgraded room

Today (19 September 2019) when I checked into my London hotel at noon, I was told that there were no rooms available until the 3 pm check-in time.

I showed the front desk team a Matterport 3D Tour I shot of a suite hotel room - using the Matterport 3D Showcase iOS Capture App - and let them know that I would be doing the same thing - plus publishing it to Google Maps – of whatever room that they assigned me.

Instantly an upgraded room became available for immediate check-in.

(By London hotel room standards, this tiny hotel room is actually an upgrade room with the corner location (windows on two sides; and quiet and larger space for the big soaking tub in the bathroom.

(The front desk confided that if I was not staying for seven nights, they could have put me in a suite.) I am attending the 2019 Google Street View Summit next week. I flew in early to enjoy London.

If the General Manager would like more rooms and spaces shot, I will refer the GM to London based WGAN Members. If it was you doing the same thing, you could refer the job and collect a referral fee (or sub-contract the project and maintain the relationship hoping that you get sister hotels in same and/or other cities.

Your thoughts?

Dan

P.S. I have done the above multiple times. What's different about this time is that I used an Insta360 One X instead of carrying my Matterport Pro 3D Camera to London!
Post 1 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Nice! Awesome idea!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Cool idea @dansmigrod as usual. So if you are on the classic plans, the hotel upgrade must be worth at least $29 (processing fee for 360 cameras), $19 (processing fee for GSV) and an active model slot. Does it sound correct?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tosolini
Cool idea @dansmigrod as usual. So if you are on the classic plans, the hotel upgrade must be worth at least $29 (processing fee for 360 cameras), $19 (processing fee for GSV) and an active model slot. Does it sound correct?

Yes. Correct, thought ...

I am on the Matterport Classic Business Plan ($1,499/year), and I am under my allotment of free monthly processing. Yes. I will pay the $19 for Matterport to Google Sheet View publishing to have another example of a hotel room. I am (just barely) under my 300 models for hosting.

After a nine hour flight from Atlanta and an hour Uber to the hotel, I was super-happy to pay $19 to get checked in as soon as I arrived.

Note: You don't need to offer the publish to Google Maps. Simply offer the Matterport 3D Tour. I will pull out all the stops on this nice hotel. I would love for the hotel GM to request a local Pro - that I can refer to a WGAN Member - that can do this of the hotels restaurants, bar, meeting spaces and other room types.

Best,

Dan

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

BTW, if the front desk had not checked me in immediately with an upgraded room, I would have then asked to visit with the Manager On Duty (MOD) and shows the MOD the example Matterport 3D Tour as a way to help get more heads in beds and more revenue from room upgrades (while improving guest satisfaction because the tour = what the room looks like!

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?