Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
HotelsInsta360 Pro 2

Matterport 3D Tour - hotel room example - shot with an Insta360 One X10151

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport 3D Tour by We Get Around Network Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

Using my Insta360 One X, I shot a Matterport 3D Tour of a hotel room today.

shot 36 scans, but only wanted to enable "walking" using 10 of the scans. I found it easier to begin by hiding all the scans; then SHOWING the scans that I wanted to enable "walking" (and also set the start location).

I talk about this here:

Question of the Day: Do you ever hide all scans (and then enable scans)?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Still a work in progress. I have not had a chance to create SnapShots, Highlight Reel, floor plan or publish to Google Street View. (I actually want to clean up the dollhouse view. So, I will be re-processing the model with Matterport before I trick out the space.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I did one at the Aria when I was down at Inman Connect in Vegas this summer though it was with the Z1 which is my new travel Matterport camera ~

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I most always overshoot for a good model then try and go back and hide scan positions that aren’t needed
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This was a the 3D floor plan I had done from the Z1 tour of the hotel room

Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod I really want to like the Insta360 or theta V as they look decent on mobile devices but the tours created with them tend to fall apart quickly on the larger desktop displays
Post 5 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch @DanSmigrod I love seeing this. I am also using my OneX everywhere! Except... Im still lugging my Matterport around for certain applications, like hotel, RE, other.

Question: Do you move about the room like you do the Matterport? Same steps, just different camera? How do you hide..? Seriously, are you diving under the bed?

@lilnitsch Who did the Floor Plan? Love it!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@BlueImmersiveMedia For the floor plan Siva w/home3ds.com

For using the 360 cams you use the same steps as scanning a Matterport tour with a Pro Matterport camera. Though it is even more important to pay close attention to alignment since the 360 cameras are not collecting the "3D" data that the pro cameras do. I primarily shoot on my Pro2's but, I have been filling in some exterior shots with my Z1. typically I have been able to hide just out of shot while remaining in wifi range though on some exterior shots I have unavoidably ended up in a shot or 2

I did have a loft where I had to lie on the floor beside the bed to get out of the shot just because the ladder was really tricky for getting up & down
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This is a commercial space I did a couple weeks back with the Pro2 & the Z1:

Post 8 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch ,

Thanks for sharing, I’m considering a z1 as a backup cam.. so if you scanned the above Bellerive space with a pro2 inside and pro2 360 then add to tour in post would it do the same thing?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@advancedhdr it could have - alignment on exteriors in direct sunlight can still be a chore with the Pro2 overlapping a bit with the Z1 this process becomes much easier not to mention not having to place the 360 on the map then convert to 3D
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BlueImmersiveMedia

Here are some Matterport SnapShots ... There's some bad stitching. Regardless, if I was going to share these images with a client, I would have PhotoAndVideoEdits.com or CAPTUR3D "clean up" the images, including the color saturation. (Note: The images look better than the WGAN Forum can display them)

Dan

--

Matterport SnapShots (from a Matterport 3D Tour created with an Insta360 One X)
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
A quick once over in photoshop can clean up some of the noise

An older test of the Insta360 One X w/Matterport while you can get on OK image I wouldn't feel good about charging for these. I shoot stills on my Sony or Panasonic when on site

This is a once over of a Insta360 One X Maximum pixels downloaded

Post 12 IP   flag post
101641 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?