Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceGoogle Street ViewGSV

Google Street View image orientation10132

butteryak private msg quote post Address this user
I've been working with some clients getting 360 images of their business interiors on GSV, the one issue I am seeing is the inability to set the opening perspective of a 360 image. It would seem that all new images upload default to facing north. I'm wondering if there is any way to set the opening orientation of a GSV 360. I think for many situations this may be ok, images could be taken from a perspective that when looking north provides a nice scene, but for some clients, there is not a lot of flexibility in the location of where the image is taken, sometimes this ends up with GSV opening up to a not very appealing angle. Is there any way to set the orientation, and what are people doing to work with this, if it is in fact a limitation.
Post 1 IP   flag post
homefrontphoto private msg quote post Address this user
when adding your 360s there is a compass scale across the top. If you drag the scale it will rotate and keep the 360 still. This is how you set North when uploading
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thanks for your input. I'll try to explain a bit better, I understand how to set north on the image, by rotating the compass, so that actual north matches the north side of the image. What I'm saying is that GSV when viewing an image on Google always loads the north side as default. What if I want the image to load facing south, or east. etc. I can think of one business in particular that I'm working with, that the view south is preferred. But google will always open facing north, (which in this case is the bathroom door, not very exciting) I could, of course, cheat the system and just adjust the compass, and tell Google south is actually north, but this does not seem like a good practice. So the question is, is there a way to tell GSV to open facing other directions.
Post 3 IP   flag post
homefrontphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Got it. Apologies. Don't know how to change the default orientation at load time.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
When using the GSV app linking which directions will connect to each other, I adjust the view of each panorama at the same time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Huh, doesn't seem to work for me. I can of course set the proper compass direction, but google doesn't seem to care which direction I have the image oriented when I upload, it typically picks north as the opening orientation, although I've noticed that for a few, it seems to pick an arbitrary direction. weird.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?