Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360BatteriesiFootage Cobra 2Ricoh Theta Z1

Theta Z1 battery life10090

WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
I’ve been using my new Z1 for a couple weeks now and am not impressed with the battery life. Yesterday, I received a low battery alert within 2 hours of use. What is your experience with the Z1’s battery life? I believe I read somewhere that it should last 4 hours on a full charge, not sure if this is true.
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
My observations are not dissimilar to yours.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
totally agree. On my last job it was really embarrassing that I had to stop capturing and go to charge my camera three times.

Though I forgot to turn Bluetooth off and I had to follow a team with a photographer and my Z1 was on all the time even when I could not capture anything. I tried to put it into a sleep mode close to an end to save on the battery but in some spots I could not connect to my camera and it just added more embarrassment. And I only took 50 panoramas over 4 hours being on a client's site.

When I was doing a 330 panos tour outdoor with my Theta V it actually lasted a minimum of 3 hours and I had to charge it only after 280 panoramas. However it was like no time gaps 5 steps->pano scenario while with my Z1 it was like 1 pano->wait 10-15 minutes to the next one.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
BTW, here is a tour from that job http://360tours.rf.gd/infin8care/
All panoramas there are from Z1.

That's the first time I have used Pano2VR to make a custom self hosted tour. At some point it was easy, at some I had to delete a lot of pre-coded things from the skin I used. I just could not get how they were using some controls and decided to simplify the code, delete theirs and write my own.

The tour has been almost finished and I am waiting on the photographer to email me still photos that supposed to be a part of this tour.

This facility is a brand new one and it is not even on google maps. That alone have added a lot of challenge in figuring out where everything is in relation to an empty land shown on the maps. However after about 2 hours of trying I figured out that for now I would not need it to be perfect for Google Maps and I just built it in a simple way linking them through hotspots.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi. Can somebody post a tour done with Z1. Prefer outdoors
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
I posted the link above, all panoramas are from a Z1 and most of them have been done outdoor. It has been done on a very cloudy day so do not expect to see a blue sky.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
4 hours would certainly be a stretch.

Check out this graph a guy made on Ricoh as he tested battery life using certain settings.

Hot temperatures this the states and 3 hours on a V down under in the winter could be an issue.

Constant use creating material = more and more heat I feel in my V all the time.

Keep in mind the size of this product vs a Matterport 2 Lite with a 4 hour battery life.

It’s a harsh reality that Matterport Pro 1 & 2 win in the battery life category. As much as Matterport upsets us on other factors coming from the upper management decisions.

The inventors helped MSP’s win large projects (that we can no longer stitch - shout out to SuperDee) that give more detailed areas to go. Allowing consumers to go almost anywhere they want vs stand in the center of the room and spin around in a circle. This model beats the photographer spending time shooting and stitching large panos, the cell phone spinners and now the quick fish eye shooters.

I have seen people skinny out their mono pod mount and attach a usb cord and battery to the base. Has anyone gone this route And still encounter issues with time, battery life and heat?
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have often ran mine off of a battery pack.

Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch

I think I’m going to try this.

Do you use any weights on your tripod? Or have any ideas? I had trouble this week outside with the wind.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@8643d I have just been gaffers or painters taping the battery pack to my monopod. It’s the ifootage cobra 2. I haven’t had to ad weights as of this moment
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Place a sandbag over it when it’s windy.

@lilnitsch - are you goin all day with that setup? Kept any notes you could share on continuous use with the battery?

Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@VTLV I am shooting Matterport & Zillow 3D home tours. I have had a couple occasions where my Z1 was nearly dead on at the home and full battery by time the property was finished being shot. For Matterport I only use the Z1 for some of the trickier exterior shots
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Doing a beach. Sunset directly on beach. Any matterport pro 2 converting scans would be helpful
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Harrycayman there was a gentleman from France in the moug that had done a beach boardwalk tour last year completely with the Pro2 it took him a couple weeks I believe for the couple of hours of just right lighting conditions each day
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Place a sandbag over it when it’s windy.

@lilnitsch - are you goin all day with that setup? Kept any notes you could share on continuous use with the battery?

If your tripod legs are made of tubes there may be a way to do it in a nice way by filling the tubes with sand. My tripod legs are not tubes though but even that way there is a way to fill them with something heavy.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnitsch

I would do that too but I will need to get an extension rod first to get access to a USB port at the bottom. With some small battery packs there may be even a way to hide the battery pack inside tripod tubing.
Post 16 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Wingman bout' $12 on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2ZR4kVe

Post 17 IP   flag post
101436 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?