Connecting 3D/360° Virtual Tour Buyers to Service Providers powered by
the Most In-Depth, Relevant and Up-to-Date Content and Training for the 3D/360° Community
Join FREE! 50+ Benefits
Should I buy a Camera? Quiz How Much to Start 3D Tour Business? Calculate How Much Can I Make as a Pro? Calculate Win More Listings? Calculate
Option #1
Find a 3D Tour Photographer Map
We Get Around Network Find a Pro Service
Matterport Service Provider? Join We Get Around Network
Option #2
Book a Matterport Pro in 60 Seconds
We Get Around Network Instant Booking Service
Powered byKoaWare
Matterport Service Provider (USA)? Join KoaWare Free! Register Now
Last 30 Days: 46,915 Page Views | 11,874 Visitors | 66 New Members
WGAN Knowledge Base | Total Posts: 60,929  |  Total Topics: 9,451
5,243 WGAN Members in 129 Countries
We Get Around Network Forum
WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport
WGAN-TV Channel
Matterport Capture and 3D Showcase Apps
Demo and Discuss with Matterport's Amir Frank
WGAN-TV Training U
19 Subject 'Matter' Expert Instructors
25+ Courses | 11+ Major Topics
Training via Recorded Videos
More Info WGAN-TV Program Schedule | Need Help? | Podcast
AdviceCupixDownload PhotosMatterportproblemScans

Download My Original Matterport Scans10082

SNFmarkerting private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everyone,

Here's what I'm trying to do. I did a full Matterport tour of a nursing home and I now want to import those 360 photos into cupix to add additional functionality to them (blurring sensitive info etc.)

I'm aware that I can take 360 photos of my matterport space and then download them to my computer, however, I'm looking for a way to download the original photos that I took and download directly to my computer.

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated

Thank you!!!

Shmuel
Post 1 IP   flag post
izoneguy private msg quote post Address this user
You can only download a lower res 2K version of Matterport panos. In Matterports infinite wisdom they will not let you download the original scans. That is one of the reasons I have moved on from Matterport. It is really a shame because the camera does produce a very fine image. They want you locked into their ecosystem.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Screen Grab ZIP IT! tool powered by WP3D Models

@SNFmarkerting

"Original Photos" = Matterport SnapShots?

If so, the fastest way is:

✓ Use ZIP IT! tool powered by WP3D Models. ZIP IT! generates a ZIP File of your Matterport SnapShots.

It's free for WGAN Forum Members. Simply Private Message me with the Subject Line: ZIP IT! Promo Code

You can also download the Matterport SnapShots in Matterport Workshop 3.0. Please see the videos below (from the WGAN-TV Training U).

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 3 of 5 Short Story #646- Downloading Snapshots with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 3 of 5 Short Story #647- Selecting Multiple Snapshots For Download with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@SNFmarkerting

If you are asking about an easy way to download all the 360º photo spheres - each scan - in an automated way, I could imagine that Matterport has not included this option in their API.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I know only one way to get all scans as 360 in their original quality. If you publish a Matterport model to GSV through the Matterport cloud you can then download them back to your PC from Google using Pano2VR.

I have done it a few times in order to connect multiple tours together.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks for sharing that workaround. How is the resolution of the images when you use this method?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by izoneguy
You can only download a lower res 2K version of Matterport panos. In Matterports infinite wisdom they will not let you download the original scans. That is one of the reasons I have moved on from Matterport. It is really a shame because the camera does produce a very fine image. They want you locked into their ecosystem.

Are you referring to taking 360-degree snapshots from the tour or downloading the actual scans?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNFmarkerting
Thanks for sharing that workaround. How is the resolution of the images when you use this method?

I have just checked a few from a Matterport model published to Google and then downloaded for adding an extra connection and for a backup on an external HDD.

They are pretty damn good with 8192x4096 pixels resolution. The ones from Theta V are 3 times smaller.

If Matterport has ever going to let us to get 360 from their Capture app directly I will probably stop using even my Theta Z1. Matterport ones are still much better than those coming from a Z1.

However keep in mind that I am using their Pro2 camera.
Post 8 IP   flag post
61679 8 8
destitute