Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
.dwg360 CamerasBLK360Floor Plans

360 to 2d I’m sure this has been answered10072

jasonkahan private msg quote post Address this user
All,
After my junior PM requested every scan I’ve ever done inadvertently and I received multiple 1500.00 Matterport bills I figured it’s time to find another way.

Goal: condo docs on renovated or new constructed multi family units in the Boston Market. Generally 2-9 units and under 10,000 sf.

Matterport was working and the new plan benefits someone like me because I rarely use the 360 tours and my wife occasionally maybe 3 or 4 a year. Whatever the vectorization block they use to stop and auto vectorization added a pdf to cad step which also was annoying because there is now time to draft pdf to cad.

Moral of the story, before I go get home equity line and buy a Leica scanner for 30,000.00 for my small projects there had to be a better way.

Magic plan no cad export, Cupix maybe but haven’t taken the time...

Please help again I have Matter the Ricoh is so fast I cannot belive it but step
A to B quickly and so I can verify dimensions and record legal docs without getting in trouble or physically measuring would be huge!!!

Jason
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: 3D Data of the Picasso in Daley Plaza in Chicago | Video courtesy of Mark Carroll YouTube Channel (26 August 2019)

@jasonkahan

If my reply does not answer your questions, please help us understand what "condo docs" means and how you create them (including which software and the file format of the output).

While the following example uses a BLK360, the process for using a Ricoh Theta V or Ricoh Theta Z1 will be the same (though not as accurate) as either the BLK360 or Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Perhaps you could use a laser measure for some key measurements and resize the CAD model, as appropriate?

--

In this video (above), Matterport Sales Engineer (AEC) Mark Carroll did a Matterport scan of Chicago's Picasso in Daley Plaza, using:

Matterport 3D Capture iOS App
✓ Leica BLK360
Matterport Pro2 3D Camera

In the video: (above)

✓ Shows measurements in Matterport Workshop 3.0 (shows data captured 50 feet with BLK360)
✓ Buy Matterport MatterPak
✓ Downloads 3D Point Cloud (MTL file, mosaics jpg, color plan
✓ Opens 3D Point Cloud (XYZ) - from MatterPak - to Autodesk ReCap to Autodesk AutoCAD
✓ Workflow (RCP/RCS minimum file needed to go into various Autodesk programs)

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jasonkahan

And, this video about the Matterport MatterPak ...

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 1 of 5 Short Story #594- The Matterpak Bundle with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jasonkahan

Perhaps I am overthinking your question and that you just want SnapShots (2D) from the 3D Tour? If so, here's how to create Matterport SnapShots in Matterport Workshop 3.0 ...

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 3 of 5 Short Story #640- Creating Snapshots with Matterport Content Marketing Manager Amir Frank.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
jasonkahan private msg quote post Address this user
I got all the matter info and understand that. I just purely want the easier way from 360 scan matter or Ricoh to end goal of 2d Floor plan in cad. I’d verify after to make sure the recorded docs are accurate but I have designers that can do this but the issue is this is rare, most want to go 3D to 2d myself without relying on a non vectorable pdf and without buying a Leica blk360 for 25,000.00. It seems elementary and Cupix may do it but I’m just looking for a streamlined way.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jasonkahan

It's likely that long-time WGAN Member @MP2FP (MP2FP.com) could provide you with Matterport-to-2D Floor Plan in the CAD file of your choice.

MP2FP | Bespoke 2D/3D Floor Plans From Matterport

You might also look at Cupix 3D platform:

WGAN-TV: How to Build 3D CAD Model within Cupix Platform for Newbies
Videos: How to use the Cupix SLAM App

Does the above help? If not, what CAD software will be used? What CAD file format do you want?

Best,

Dan

P.S. WGAN Forum related discussion:

Four Companies to Order 2D Schematic Floor Plans from Matterport 3D Tours

(I believe that in addition to MP2FP, Blue-Sketch and CAPTUR3D can provide you with .dwg file from a Matterport 3D Tour, if that's the file format that you are seeking.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101736 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?