Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
2D Photos360Floor PlansPano2VRPTGui

Software for pulling 2D Still Photos out of 360 Spherical Photos10061

bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry if this is a repeated topic. Does anyone know of a software package; pc or cloud-based, that will allow me to pull out 2D stills from 360 spherical photos? Specifically, the use case would be to shoot a home or business with a Ricoh Theta Z1, then pull stills out for posting to MLS for sale, or rental listings, as well as for small businesses. I am looking to reduce the amount of time needed to use my Pro2 when my client does not want a floor plan. For hosting purposes, I suppose I would use one of the many VT hosting providers out there.

Any help you can send my direction will be greatly appreciated. Thanks much in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
@bryanhscott

I created this same topic about 6 weeks ago +/-. I tried everyone's suggestions and then landed on PTGui, for which I already had license and didn't realize it had this capability. It seemed to work very well - and, the panos were originally created with a Ricoh V.

Good Luck!

Keith
Post 2 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
I can recommend Pano2VR. It is a very powerful software and it might take some time. But its worth it and allows you to create awesome tours.

The tool in Pano2VR for extracting 2D Images from panos is called Transformation. You can extract every angle and every aspect ratio.

Probably Photoshop should be also capable these days, but its the most expensive solution if you do not use it for Photo editing.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gladsmuir private msg quote post Address this user
@ID360Media

Keith, can you clarify where the tool is in Pano2VR.

I've updated to the latest version, but I'm not seeing the Transformation tool.

Oliver
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not proficient with Pno2VR - PTGui is what I recommended.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Chemistrydoc Thanks much for the info on PTGui. I found them in my searches, went in and looked at features, but did not see this mentioned.

@MeshImages Thanks much for the info on Pano2VR. As mentioned above on PTGui, I found Pano2VR in my searches, but likewise, did not see this feature mentioned.

I will take a closer look at both.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a help page on Transformation for Pano2VR

https://ggnome.com/doc/pano2vr/5/output-transformation/

I have not tried it just helping to find where it is in Pano2VR.

Note that based on the URL it seems that the help page is for version 5 so you may need to look for it in versions 6.x
Post 7 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
@Wingman Thanks, yes this is the perfect page. The transformation tool is also part of the current versions 6.x
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Wingman Thanks very much for this additional legwork. Very helpful!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?