Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360 CamerasCupixinspInsta360 Pro 2

Insta360 One X on Cupix???10044

MGG private msg quote post Address this user
I bought an Insta360 OneX camera to try out on Cupix and it has been a nightmare!

First off, the file format can't be directly brought in to Cupix (had I know this I would have bought a different camera). An annoying setback for sure, but it gets worse....

Then I loaded the insta360 studio software onto my laptop to convert all the files from insp to jpeg. The software crashes every time I try to convert a file. Single or batch, same result, the app just locks up.

I read several glowing reviews about this camera for use on Cupix, but none of them mentioned the file format problem, or any issues with the insta360 studio app. Am I doing something wrong? Is there an easier way to get these files onto Cupix?

Cupix and Insta360 support didn't have answers that I could find, so I am seeing if anyone here has experienced these problems, or is aware of a work around.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Post 1 IP   flag post
Cupix Director
of Sales
San Francisco
scott_cupix private msg quote post Address this user
Hi MGG,
My colleague and I were talking about who would respond to the email and we concluded the message ought to be something like this:

It seems many new to 360 cameras expect the workflow to be a little more streamlined than they actually are. Most cameras require the fisheye photos to be processed through either an onboard camera processor (which is slow) or some type of software (like Studio) to get a 360-format photo. Mike might only need to know what Cupix standard jpg format should be --- and that the holdup is on his version of conversion software or it's compatibility with his PC.

Mike -- the camera you have is great. The meat of the camera and what you paid for is a sensor and a lens, rather than a processing chip. Some cameras like Ricoh's Theta line will put a processing chip in the camera to stitch the photos. The Insta360 ONE X does not have this.

Cupix can work with any 360 camera since every 360 camera delivers a standard 360-format photo. Here's how you get the photo out of Insta360 ONEX and into Cupix. See tutorial video below:
Post 2 IP   flag post
101436 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?