Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Floor PlansMLSReal Estate AgentsReal Estate BrokerRealtors

Why are 2D Schematic Floor Plans Not Being Accepted by Our MLS?10025

ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
A little off topic but I need help for an issue I have never heard of or seen with my clients. This time it totally impacts me so trying to understand what I am doing wrong on an issue that could impact anyone using any MLS service provider.
Just a little background, I was preparing to build a custom home on a veiw lot, my retirement forever home. So I have the lot have all the architectural drawings and designs done, all the engineering and permits ready. Boom things happen and I cannot follow thru with project. That being said contact local agent list lot photos and plans.
My agent just contacted me and said the NW MLS contacted him and said we violated the MLS rules by showing floorplans in the photo group. I had converted all plans to Jpeg format. If my agent did not remove them and comply with MLS standards he would be sanctioned.
Which leads me to my quest has anyone else heard of this. I have been providing MP 3d tours for over three years all using NW MLS and a lot of tours, I include floorplans and have seen them in the MLS listings in same area my floorplans were put, so is this new that I not only have to worry about my listing and or loose business and not provide floorplans to my current and future clients.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Ron
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I am in several MLS's and while some MLS's have rules in place about branding which can include builder or architect names. Most allow for line drawings or plat maps (lot layouts). This said I know that Sotheby's International Realty has very stringent quality control guidelines in regards to imagery. I did a quick public search in the Nw MLS and found a listing with a plat map in the Maple Valley

Post 2 IP   flag post
bryanhscott private msg quote post Address this user
@ron0987 First, have your agent contact the MLS customer service group and find out what the problem is specifically. They will not keep infractions a secret and are usually very eager to assist the agent's compliance with listing violations.

If the floorplans are watermarked with the usual "Powered By Matterport" in the lower right corner, this is the issue. MLS's do not like ANY company branding or advertising on the photos, or files used in the photo area of the listing. They especially do not like similar info, including URLs, in the description/public remarks on the actual listing detail, but usually no issues if in the Broker Remarks area. If this is the issue, just use your favorite photo editing tool to get rid of the watermark and any other company-specific advertising or promotion and you should be fine.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@bryanhscott Thank you very much for the info it is helpful, the floor plans have the architect and designers logo and company logo on them. I will have my agent contact the MLS to see if we can rectify it.

Again thank you
Post 4 IP   flag post
@lilnitsch thank you for the info. All of this info was good
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?