Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceInsta360 Pro 2MonopodRicoh Theta Stand TM1Ricoh Theta Z1Virtual Reality

Which 3D/VR Camera/Platform is right for my project in Syria?10024

KlaraTT private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, I am from Germany and I am currently working for a media/ journalistic project which is remotely organizing shootings with 360 degree cameras of destroyed buildings in Northern Syria. We are planning to enable viewers to examine details of the ruination from their computers worldwide with VR and 3D programmes.

We were thinking about working with a Matterport Pro2, but find their copyright regulations very inconvenient, especially regarding our work field and the sensitivity of the topic. Same for the labeling.

I understand that both points don´t apply to the GeoCV products. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And also:
- is it possible to use GeoCV without internet connection and electricity?
- is it possible to use the camera in poorly lit spots?

Would you generally recommend a GeoCV rather than a Matterport Pro2 for such a project?
I would be grateful to hear some thoughts as I have experience with neither of the 2.

Thank you so much in advance!
Klara T.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@KlaraTT

Thank you for joining the Community and for reaching out.

It’s likely that either a Ricoh Theta Z1 or Insta360 One X - paired with Cupix 3D/VR platform - is the right path for you.

Shooting technique will be important if you want to create 3D models that can be viewed in VR.

The Insta360 One X advantages include removable battery, price and ease-of-use. The advantages of the Ricoh Theta Z1 include image quality and some features.

You’ll wants a sturdy monopod with tripod legs too.

Video Review: Why this Bushman Monopod is the best for 360º 1-Click Cameras

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

WGAN-TV: Cupix SLAM App
WGAN-TV: How to Build 3D CAD Model within Cupix Platform for Newbies
Post 2 IP   flag post
Thank you so much for your quick answer! I really appreciate it!
We actually already worked with an Insta360, so in connection with the Cupix 3D/VR platform it could be a great solution indeed.
As far as I understand does the Insta360 OneX have a much higher resolution than the prior one which would guarantee a much better image also when working in poorly lit places.
So it does make sense to buy an Insta360 OneX again, right?
Thanks!
Klara
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@KlaraTT

Yes. Insta360 One X will have better image quality than the Insta360 One and others before it.

Insta360 One X has both manual and automatic settings. Master them before traveling.

Bring lots of fully charged batteries and portable batteries that you charge smartphones and batteries.

Please share your project with us, once published.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
geoCV
Director of
Operations
sameerak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlaraTT
Hello, I am from Germany and I am currently working for a media/ journalistic project which is remotely organizing shootings with 360 degree cameras of destroyed buildings in Northern Syria. We are planning to enable viewers to examine details of the ruination from their computers worldwide with VR and 3D programmes.

We were thinking about working with a Matterport Pro2, but find their copyright regulations very inconvenient, especially regarding our work field and the sensitivity of the topic. Same for the labeling.

I understand that both points don´t apply to the GeoCV products. Please correct me if I am wrong.

And also:
- is it possible to use GeoCV without internet connection and electricity?
- is it possible to use the camera in poorly lit spots?

Would you generally recommend a GeoCV rather than a Matterport Pro2 for such a project?
I would be grateful to hear some thoughts as I have experience with neither of the 2.

Thank you so much in advance!
Klara T.

Hi Klara

Thanks for stopping in and asking these questions. I'll be happy to clarify the GeoCV system a bit more:

1) It is possible to operate the GeoCV Scanner without internet. Onsite while scanning there is no need to have access to wifi or internet. You will only need an internet connection to upload your scan to our cloud processing which can be done at any time after completing the onsite scan.

2) The GeoCV Scanner performs quite well in low light scenarios. The infrared sensor is not affected by low lit scenarios and our photo capture process involves taking multiple exposures in order to create a best result HDR panorama.

Hope this clarifies your questions and helps you choose the best system for this project.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hi again and thanks a lot for the help! I have already contacted the GeoCV (via the email account on their website) and didn't get an answer.

How do I purchase a GeoCV as soon as possible?

Thanks again!
Klara
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@KlaraTT

Keep-in-mind that in addition to the smartphone needing charging, the rotator has batteries that need to be charged too.

While GeoCV presently only sells/ships to USA addresses. The following might be an option:

How to buy a GeoCV Kit if you live outside the United States

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?