Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DollyInsta360 TitanMotion Impossible MPro Robotic Dolly SystemRobots

3D/360º Cameras Meet Motion Impossible M-Pro Robotic Dolly System10015

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: BEST Rover for 360VR Filmmakers?! Motion Impossible M-Pro Robotic Dolly System First-look | Video courtesy of CreatorUp YouTube Channel (21 August 2019)

Hi All,

If money was no object, how might you use this Robotic Dolly?

From the CreatorUp YouTube Channel:

"Cinematic camera movement is essential for professional quality 360VR videos. Getting out of frame, repeatable motion controls, and silent operation are 3 of the most important requirements for any professional 360VR camera operator."

"In VR, we built rovers / RC systems to achieve the above requirements to get steady camera movements - but we all know that perfection was close to impossible until today - the M-Pro Robotic Dolly System by Motion Impossible."

"We are so lucky to catch Rob Drewett during Cinegear in Los Angeles for a quick overview of this dream machine. I even put my Insta360 Titan on it and run some real-world test footage to see how good the stabilization - watch this video to find out!

"Motion Impossible will be in IBC 2019 at Insta360 Stand."

Source: CreatorUp YouTube Channel:

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Thought Truckers and Uber drivers were worried about loosing their jobs to AI, so should we. lol

Holds up to 10 lbs. Finally get the Matterport shoots to line up in a straight line.

He's talking in pounds for price of £15,145 + VAT (Value-added tax). I think I'm loosing any reason to get this at the moment
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@VTLV

More likely that you will touch a button for your drone to auto-pilot through a house to capture the space

Example of a "Passion Project" - How to "FLY" your MAVIC through a house

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I'm with Dan. This won't go up the stairs, won't even go up one step. No threat to real estate (not even mentioning cost regarding the realities of RE work).

But Dan's right, a tiny drone will do this one day. I expect it'll be a while though.

In case anyone cares, the first video camera professionally mounted to an RC car was over 25 years ago. I worked in the film industry and was responsible. Its great-grandchild, the Omni, is marketed by InnoVision Optics in Santa Monica. This has been used on dozens of feature films and TV series. The name Radcam was even my own, though I turned the whole system and trademark over to them.
InnoVision Optics - Radcam

Glad I took a look today. Some links on the website are broken.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Home3D

Cool to hear about Radcam. So proud that you are a Member of the WGAN Community.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D - That's awesome to be involved with

I'm not worried. just stirring the pot to bring out the Fear-mongers and stir some emotions. Caught me fishing for trolls while being one

You got a great point here @DanSmigrod. Cost of 17k in equipment that can easily be replaced with a drone in a couple years. Curious if the money and profits can be made fast enough to offer while others of us wait for better tech.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV

He's talking in pounds for price of £15,145 + VAT (Value-added tax). I think I'm loosing any reason to get this at the moment

The funny thing that you can build a smaller version of this RC dolly for less than $70 using the following RC car

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=173719202098&_sacat=0

And I am sure if you need something the same size as in the video you should be able to build it from parts for RC models for less than $1000

It won't hold Matterport but it should be ok for one click cameras. And if you are good with electronics & programming you can add GPS to it and it is still going to be 10-15 times cheaper than the one in the video.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101428 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?