Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,022 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 44 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
TitleAuthorPostsLast Post
Video: How to Shoot PilotTour with Labpano Pilot One and Pilot Era Cameras DanSmigrod 1 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://youtu.be/d5IfbjG-iVoVideo: How to Shoot PilotTour with Labpano Pilot One and Pilot Era Cameras | Video courtesy of Lapano YouTube Channel | 2 July 2020 Video: How to Shoot PilotTour with Labpano Pilot One and Pilot Era Cameras Hi All, If you have shot PilotTour with either a Lapano Pilot One or Pilot Era camera, please share your experience in this WGAN Forum discussion. (I have not been able to get past the calibration...
Is there a difference between These Ricoh Theta Z1 cameras? JonPaul 3 4 yearsJonPaul (13): pretty sure they are all gone.
Video: iPhone 12 Leak Shows LiDAR Scanning Cameras Lenses DanSmigrod 6 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): What is a LiDAR scanner, the iPhone 12 Pro's rumored camera upgrade, anyway? https://flip.it/vocU_I
Video>Comparing Matterport Camera Options: Pro2 Versus, 360 Cameras, BLK360 DanSmigrod 6 4 yearsHomePlanNZ (251): Just a follow up observation - I was actually relieved to see Matterport issuing this a few weeks back. They have been so 'iPhone' recently, coupled with their Support/resourcing issues and the fading of the MSP programme, that those who operate with the higher end equipment and provide 3D services to others have been getting very, very nervous about where Matterport is heading. I recall seeing a note a while back (can't remember where - email...
Video: Best Virtual Tour Camera 2020 (11 360 cameras + DSLR compared) DanSmigrod 2 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hi All, As you do your research, keep in mind that if you want to take Matterport for a spin, you will need either: ✓ Matterport Pro 3D Camera (Pro1, Pro2, Lite) ✓ Ricoh Theta V or Ricoh Theta Z1 ✓ Insta360 One X ✓ Leica BLK360 Best, Dan P.S. Question of the Day: Is there a shortage of 3D/360 Cameras?
Question of the Day: Is there a shortage of 3D/360 Cameras? DanSmigrod 2 4 yearsSpencerLasky (398): ah ... yes!!! You can't get a Z1 and that goes for insta360 as well. Here in NY I have Adorama and B&H around the corner but nada.
  New! Buy-Sell Used Matterport Cameras (and Related Gear) DanSmigrod 75 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hi All, The WGAN Member (above) sold his Matterport Pro2 3D Camera. Another WGAN Member in the United States just joined to sell his Matterport Pro1 3D Camera. --- Join this WGAN Private Group: Buy-Sell Used Matterport Cameras (and Related Gear) (No charge for WGAN Basic, Standard and Premium Members whom can Private Message me to be added.) Dan
Matterport contacting your clients to sell them cameras ChuckJ 14 4 yearsleonherbert (903): Wait if there is all this demand why did they fire 1/3 of their staff ????
Matterport and Insta360 Cameras - Same Tour davedion 13 4 yearsJonJ (1760): @Davedion, Yes, the floor plan was created from the Z1 images exclusively. I did not use any additional tools or technology. As for floor plans, I let my client choose the style they prefer. I personally think the 3D version is a more premium product and has a higher perceived value. JonJ
Non level panoramas on 360 cameras Peter360 1 4 yearsPeter360 (29): Hi I've experienced the badly "slanted" panoramas twice now. With the theta Z1 I can check against the standard HDR images it creates at the same time, which are level it therefore looks like it is the Matterport cortex algorithm that is causing straight panos to appear crooked. This may be far fetched but is the AI levelling panos based upon what it thinks visually is horizon rather than using camera gyro information? The...
9 Rooftop Car Mounts for 360º Cameras for Google Street View DanSmigrod 16 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/d1e1f24bfa06030c8406cba7481c5aea.pngScreen Grab from @Wingman Google Street View Tour (nadir/bottom) Yes. I :heart: his nadir logo patch too :cool: Dan
Four 360º Virtual Tour Cameras & One Tour Platform Announced Around CES2020 DanSmigrod 2 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): @Wingman Great find! Thanks! Hi All, Correction: Fiver 360º Cameras Announced Around CES2020 ...! Here is the 5th: ✓ 4DAGE 3D VR 360 Camera CES2020 Camera is: 4DKanKan Pro 3D Camera from 4Dage Technology. Best, Dan
WGAN List of 200+ Forums and Groups for 3D/360 Cameras/Platforms/Software DanSmigrod 1 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): WGAN List of 200+ Forums and Groups for 3D/360 Cameras, Platforms and Software Hi All, While I would like to think that the We Get Around Network Forum ( WGANForum.com) is the only Community that you will ever need or join - it turns out that there are 200+ other Forums and Groups in the 3D/360 Camera/Platforms/Software space. How do we know? WGAN compiled a comprehensive list within a Google Sheet. The list includes lists sorted...
Video Review: Why this Bushman Monopod is the best for 360º 1-Click Cameras DanSmigrod 15 4 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/fedff2459677b2e70c29217d6ca72f43.pngScreen Grab: CreatorUp --- https://youtu.be/k4_73E0EO-cVideo: BEST 360 VR Travel Monopod for Professionals - Review, Build Guide & Shooting Tips | Video courtesy of CreatorUp YouTube Channel (17 October 2019) Video: Best 360 Travel Monopod for Pros-Review, Build Guide/Shooting Tips Hi All, From the CreatorUp YouTube...
Three 360º Cameras Matterport Should Integrate with Matterport Capture App DanSmigrod 3 4 yearsleonherbert (903): Is it not up to the vendor to integrate with Matterport? I thought they provide the sdk that the vendor then connects with. But I don't know.
Matterport + All 360º Cameras = Exponential Growth (for all of us) DanSmigrod 15 4 yearsGarySnyder (2017): @DanSmigrod This has always been MP's game plan. Those of you who started with MP will recall 5 years ago MP was showing a video of a chap shooting a room with an iPad that produced a MP model. We discussed this here https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/43/what-is-matterports-business-model/ 5 year ago and MP even has an early example of teaming up with Google in project Tango...
Forbes: The Best 360-Degree Cameras And Video Cameras For 2019 DanSmigrod 2 5 yearsChris_iGuide (337): I can confirm that the Insta360 One X is a delight for video. Last week I recorded a whole iGUIDE shoot. Just for fun.:) https://youtu.be/33KyKKZvf-4
  Article - 3D Cameras Mean More Than Just Virtual Property Tours Ghagendorf 3 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hi All, Please continue the discussion here: ✓ 3D Cameras Mean More Than Just Virtual Property Tours Thanks, Dan
3D Cameras Mean More Than Just Virtual Property Tours Jonathan_GeoCV 2 5 yearsHome3D (3591): Beautifully put, Jonathan. And on that note, I need to talk with you and the team concerning a client outreach to me this morning regarding scanning to CAD files. As you aptly put, right now we’re merely taxiing down the runway.
3D/360º Cameras Meet Motion Impossible M-Pro Robotic Dolly System DanSmigrod 7 5 yearsWingman (4158): The funny thing that you can build a smaller version of this RC dolly for less than $70 using the following RC car https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=173719202098&_sacat=0 And I am sure if you need something the same size as in the video you should be able to build it from parts for RC models for less than $1000 It won't hold Matterport but it should be ok for one click cameras. And if you are...
PetaPixel: New Tariffs that May Affect the Price of Cameras and Lenses DanSmigrod 1 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hi All, If you were holding off buying a camera or lenses hoping that the price might drop ... PetaPixel (2 August 2019) Trump Announces New Tariffs that May Affect the Price of Cameras and Lenses Dan
Video: The Best Monopod/Tripod for 360 Cameras DanSmigrod 1 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://youtu.be/omocBT41Rf4Video: The Best Monopod/Tripod for 360 Cameras | Video courtesy of The 360 Guy YouTube Channel Hi All, From The 360 Guy YouTube Channel: After much trial and error I think I've found the best monopod/tripod kit for 360 cameras. The Bushman Monopod Kit is especially designed to be used with consumer 360 cameras and I've been using their full kit for the past few months The full kit comes with an...
Matterport cameras compared: Ricoh Theta V & Z1, Insta360 ONE X, Pro2, Pro1 Jwbuckl 4 5 yearsChangesin3d (125): The interesting part of this is the Closed System "business opportunity" to an open system with other peoples hardware. Matterport sells a amera and sells a business opportunity with an expensive camera and then allows others to have almost the same presentation at a fraction of the cost. At least to my eyes the Z1 is equal to the Pro Cameras. Put this on a mobile devise and the comparisons get even closer. Most consumers for...
Chicago (18 June 2019): Hands-on with Matterport 3D Virtual Tour cameras DanSmigrod 16 5 yearsJwbuckl (337): @ron0987 I understand your point. I was responsible for the planning of and then ultimately the canceling of the Chicago event (due to poor sign-ups). We are still committed to the hands-on format of these Meetups and will try the same in other cities where we think demand warrants. We are looking to the San Francisco Bay area for the next one. Unfortunately, Matterport does not yet have a true users' conference in the works at this time, but I...
Matterport Presentation at SPAR3D; Around 20,000 Matterport Cameras Sold DanSmigrod 4 5 yearsHarrycayman (409): https://https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w9mhk8zTtM8 Ok new to posting videos on WGAN so hope the link works. This is the question and answers from Matterport at SPAR3D conference The internet there was slow so will send my experience in next day
360 cameras with Matterport? CFster 4 5 yearsCGPhoto (16): I used my Insta 360 One X camera for a month and did about 10 home scans with it before getting my Pro 2 Camera. Below is a tour with the Insta 360 camera. It's not as clear as the Matterport cameras. Much more grain in the image and much less detail when you zoom in. I found that I needed to have my scan positions closer together. When passing through doorways, I could only move the camera about 12" - 18" between scans. I also had to...
Ben Claremont Video: "Ricoh Theta Z1: The DSLR of 360 Cameras?" DanSmigrod 1 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://youtu.be/0uN7k9VSu_8Video: Ricoh Theta Z1: The DSLR of 360 Cameras? | Video courtesy of Ben Claremont YouTube Channel Hi All, 360º Camera Expert Ben Claremont compares the Ricoh Theta Z1 to its four nearest competitors in this video. Ben writes on his YouTube channel: "Ricoh have been teasing their new 360 camera, the Theta Z1, for the past few months. It’s the first all-in-one 360 camera to feature 2 x 1 inch...
Can You Create a Tour with a Combination of Pro1 and Pro2 Cameras? Chemistrydoc 2 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hi @ChemistryDoc While I have not done this, it WILL work fine. Dan
GeoCV Demo: How to use the GeoCV 3D Tour Camera/Scanning Kit DanSmigrod 12 5 yearsMetroplex360 (9435): We've used the GeoCV unit to scan 4 spaces now. The software running on the phone is GeoCV's own capture software -- and it has some really amazing advantages including seeing how your markers affect your space in realtime! I love it!
Matterport Pro2 3D Camera versus Using Matterport with 1-Click 360º Cameras DanSmigrod 7 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hello Redacted, I recommend that you invest in a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera (rather than using either an Insta360 One X or Ricoh Theta V (or the Ricoh Theta Z1 that is scheduled to begin shipping 11 April 2019. Because you are a professional real estate photographer AND you have a large client that wants you to shoot Matterport, you (and your client) are likely to be much happier with the Matterport 3D Tours when shot with the Matterport Pro2...
HELP! Matterport Pro 3D Cameras wont charge?? aerialpixels 4 5 yearsM_Wasserman (22): FYI, storing any equipment with batteries for extended periods of time, you want to charge or deplete them to about 50%. You never want them at 100, they can explode, and you don't want them at zero, because the cells will die.
Does Matterport market cameras to Collaborators on your account? DanSmigrod 3 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): @3dshowcaseuk Thanks for documenting. I'll add this ... ✓ Smoking Gun: Proof That Matterport Markets to Collaborators (Your Clients!) Dan
Capture 3 Beta and Expanded Capture Cameras TrustedPhotoDC 8 5 yearsPeterMcCready (232): In my experience they tend to penny pinch far more than estate agents, some expecting me to exclusively shoulder the burden of hosting for the term of my natural life ;)
Question of the Day: How many Matterport Cameras have been sold? DanSmigrod 4 5 yearsrzphotoman (1831): I have no idea, but with all the news I'm hearing about Matterport and Insta360 now working together, I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how this is good for MSPs. I just see more of my clients deciding to just do it themselves. Why would anyone buy a Matterport Pro 2 camera anymore? Ask any portrait photographer how much their business grew as the quality of cellphone cameras increased. Bet you don't find many. I expect the same...
Matterport Opens Platform to 3rd Party Cameras: Reduces Monthly Hosting DanSmigrod 2 5 yearshtimsabbub23 (910): One small step for us, but one giant leap for matterport.this shows they are seeing the future and finally looking ahead 👏👏👏 Hopefully they start to open APK as well for developers so we can catapult matterport back to the top where they belong.
Video: Professional 360º Cameras in 2019: Quick Guide DanSmigrod 1 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://youtu.be/88SjvqaWDiwVideo: Video courtesy of The 360 Guy YouTube Channel Hi All, The 360 Guy YouTube Channel discusses: ✓ Insta360 Titan (Coming Soon) - WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Insta360 Titan ✓ Insta360 Pro 2 - WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Insta360 Pro 2 ✓ Insta360 Pro - WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Insta360 Pro ✓ Pilot Era: Coming Soon - WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Pilot Era "Professional...
How many Matterport cameras worldwide? angusnorriss 10 5 yearsmori (809): At Inc.com they dropped from rank #26 (2017) to rank #378 (2018). https://www.inc.com/profile/matterport
Matterport using your tours to sell Cameras to competitors? DanSmigrod 6 5 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Matterport duplicated my models so I can not make a change. Dan
Matterport: How to Make MSPs Happy (And Sell More Cameras) DanSmigrod 2 6 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): P.S. You are not winning the hearts and minds of Matterport Service Providers - particularly potential MSPs - when you do this: ✓ Matterport uses MSP Program to Generate Lead for Camera Sales ✓ Matterport Offering $1,000 Off Matterport Pro2 Camera + Pro2 Lite Special
How Matterport can sell more Matterport cameras, processing and hosting DanSmigrod 4 6 yearsChemistrydoc (1769): @DanSmigrod I would enjoy nothing more! Feature all demographics, but especially older millenials, who will be the ones to derive the most use / benefit from MP. End user marketing is generally very effective. KF
Leica Geosystems BLK360 Camera/Scanner - Rental Info DanSmigrod 7 6 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): @Property3dNZ Yes. You can switch between the Leica Geosystems BLK360 and Matterport Camera at anytime while within the same scan. Use BLK360 for ✓ Outdoors ✓ Height (for dollhouse) ✓ Better point cloud and mesh (for AEC clients) Use Matterport for: ✓ Indoors ✓ Normal height ceilings ✓ Speed of scanning Dan
LIFE in 360 with Ben Claremont: Top Ten 360 Cameras In Mid 2018! DanSmigrod 2 6 yearsJune (411): I don’t care for the Theta V because the clarity is not there. I would rather have sharper photos. 😉
GSV18: List of Google Street View Ready Cameras, Software and Platforms DanSmigrod 8 6 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://youtu.be/2NDa1rd5haU Video: Google Street View ready cameras | Video courtesy of Google Maps YouTube Channel Hi All, Which Google Street View Ready Camera are you thinking about buying (or have)? Best, Dan
IVRPA18 360 Cameras w/ 360 Rumors Michael Ty DanSmigrod 1 6 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): https://e3effa51eee72fd900e3-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.com/aaecd7842d61fe2a2720ecf7cfd0917f.png Hi All, At IVRPA18 in Tokyo (28-31 May 2018), 360 Rumors's Michael Ty will compare 360 cameras versus DSLR + fisheye lenses. ✓ 360 Cameras vs. Interchangeable Lens Cameras: Comparison of 360 Photos If you are attending this session, please share video here. Best, Dan
Multiple Matterrport Cameras on Your Account DanSmigrod 1 6 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hi All, A WGAN Forum Member writes: "... is it possible to use someone else's PRO2 camera in one of my project? I mean is it technically possible? Will that cause any problem during processing?" Answer: Yes. You can use a multiple Matterport Cameras with your Matterport Capture App and with your Matterport Cloud account. best, Dan
FB Success to Sell Cameras to your clients? DanSmigrod 2 6 yearsGerhard (1484): @DanSmigrod I would like to share my success story> I will try and keep it short and not bore anyone. Title: The Solution. By: I am not drinking the Cool-Aid Co-Author: Wheres my foil hat at? Don't share your story. THE END The story can be downloaded from Amazone, and all proceeds will go to an offshore charity of our choice.
WGAN-TV: All Things 360 Cameras at CES2018 DanSmigrod 6 6 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): WGAN-TV: WGAN-TV All Things 360 Cameras at the 2018 CES in Las Vegas with 360Rumors.com Founder Mic Ty Hi All, 360Rumors.com Founder Mic Ty gave us a great round-up of all the 360º cameras announced at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show. Plus, he also summarized his top three choices in the under $500 category - for real estate photographers. Hi Mic, Thank you again for being on the show. :cool: And, thanks to the virtual studio audience...
360 Rumors: Largest Sensor 360 Cameras Chart DanSmigrod 3 6 yearsRichierichks (715): @Ghagendorf I don't believe it fits in the "Large Sensor" category. I think the sensors on it are pretty small.
Google Street View Cameras-Techniques-Gear DanSmigrod 2 6 yearsPointCloudVR (106): Mic at 360Rumors has been such a great resource for 360 camera news and reviews. He is super professional and really in depth. It's great to see him getting some great exposure. Be sure to check out his youtube channel and website!
Forbes: The Year of 360 Cameras in Review DanSmigrod 2 6 yearsDanSmigrod (29691): Hi All, From the same article: "With CES 2018 right around the corner, there’s no doubt that several new cameras will be announced. So far, there’s no indication from whom or what, but I have some assumptions about what these new cameras will surely have." "4K video, as we discussed earlier, is a given. Or I should say, at least 4K resolution. The Garmin VIRB 360 and GoPro Fusion both sport 5.7K resolution with video, and...