Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingStrategyTips

Cold calling.... yep....980

Dennis_N private msg quote post Address this user
I picked one of the top selling agents in my area.
I decided to give her a cold call.
Once I mentioned "Virtual Reality Tours" she was quick to hang up after saying that she is working with a great company already and she is not interested.

Do you know what kind of "Virtual Tours" she thought I was talking about? I'm sure you do.
We are talking about videos and image galleries, and slideshows with music, bundled up under a button saying "virtual tours".
They all have it on their listings. And once I mention the keyword their mind goes to what they know, but what they know is nothing like what I'm offering.

Of course I felt dirty as a telemarketer at that point.
Not a good start. At all. I sent her an explanatory email with the demo.
I hope she opens it.

Just thought I share this. I foresaw it before it happened, cause even a couple of friend agents I've spoken to, acted like they knew exactly what I was talking about, until I played the demo for them.

Any strategies to avoid those disheartening hang ups? By all means please share.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I walk in the door and show them on the spot! That way you have a captive audience and you will be able to gauge immediately what they are thinking! Obviously it doesn't work every time but generally if I have the chance to show them I get a foot in the door! I knock off a suburb at a time go to every single office in the suburb. Good luck!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I'd say they are talking about standard Virtual Tours which are just your panoramic shots, nothing more. Most real estate photographers do them and they aren't that special. The funny thing is most photographers don't like doing them either
Post 3 IP   flag post
Dennis_N private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Property3dNZ
I walk in the door and show them on the spot! That way you have a captive audience and you will be able to gauge immediately what they are thinking! Obviously it doesn't work every time but generally if I have the chance to show them I get a foot in the door! I knock off a suburb at a time go to every single office in the suburb. Good luck!

Maybe walking into businesses and pulling an ipad works for New Zealand.
Here in the states (at least to my experience) you get a nice business card for trying. That's if you ask for it. Cause they'd rather get your business card and then ignore your existence.
Post 4 IP   flag post
PeterMatterport private msg quote post Address this user
Once we have launched the iOS Showcase App you'll not have to worry about Internet connectivity. Interactions will be very fast and look really nice with only high-res panos.
Post 5 IP   flag post
joelE private msg quote post Address this user
Dennis, got exactly the same comment with the top realtor in my area, very condescending and using same "Virtual service" you mentioned.

I think with those very experienced people the only way to work is that we find the way to let them find us, more difficult they keep the power and could works (in theory lol )
Post 6 IP   flag post
Advertise to home owners. Get them to call the agents and request a matterport scan.
One of the best ways to get to am agent is having their income dependent on your service. Most agents will cheap out and only spend extra marketing dollars if they need to
Post 7 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
We have done hours and hours of cold calling. Then we follow up with an email. Yes, Property3dNZ, the best response we have had is when we go into an office with an ipad and show them what a 3-d interactive model looks like. Agents love the technology, but getting them to use it, that is the hard part. I need to hear more from those that are getting the sales.
Post 8 IP   flag post
A good way is when the potential client calls the agent and says they want it or they won't list their house with them.
Apart from that unless the agent is savvy enough to realise using tech like this is a long term game to get more clients, they rarely use more than photos
Post 9 IP   flag post
srennick private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
A good way is when the potential client calls the agent and says they want it or they won't list their house with them.
Apart from that unless the agent is savvy enough to realise using tech like this is a long term game to get more clients, they rarely use more than photos

@Jamie How do you think the best way to do that is? We have put flyers in FSBO mailboxes (illegaly). How do we get our services in front of home sellers?
Post 10 IP   flag post
JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
thank God I dont have to cold call. I was doing real estate photography, yard sign installation and measurements for over 6 years for 100's of agents. All I had to do to get started was fire off a sample via email to my contact list that had a 90% open rate, and add a sample to my email signature and watch the inquires come in. Everyone loves it!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101600 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?