Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceBusiness PlanNewbies

Considering Matterport-Big list of questions943

VirtualizeLife private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there. I've looked around and have seen a lot of my questions answered along with questions I didn't even know I had being answered. This forum is great. I haven't seen such a forum before that is built for such a niche business. So with that said, I'd like to blast out a few questions.

I do have quite a few questions as my brother and I are looking at starting a company with a Matterport service as (hopefully) core. If any of these have been answered in other threads please point me in the right direction. Also, if it helps, we are in the Seattle, WA area.

To make this easy to read please reply to each question by stating its respective number.

(1) What is the ideal target market demographic? Real estate is obviously top of mind but I'm sure there are other relatively untapped markets.

(2) How big does that market have to be to fill a schedule for one camera? In my mind, and from what I've seen, I would like three jobs a day.

(3) How does hosting work? I see https://matterport.com/order/#compare does the Service Partner Program fall under the "Business Plan"?

(4) How does Matterport view competition and at this point, with this tech is it really a factor?

(5) What would we expect as monthly expenses?

(6) What are the common success factors?

(7) What are the most successful marketing methods? Walk-ins? Cold call? Email? Mailers? Group presentations? Google? Social media?

(8) Does Matterport have policies regarding Service Partners in the same area?

(9) Are there any limitations or requirements when using the Matterport name? White label?

(10) When analyzing my market what factors should we be looking for? Average income? Home size? Overall population? Population density?

(11) What would be the benefit to a real estate office using our service year after year instead of purchasing their own Matterport camera?

(12) HDR Capable?

(13) Why are some images blurry? Is there a way to review pics on site?

I'm sure we will have more but over the past couple days these were the ones that came to mind.

Thank you for your time, it is hugely appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
The blurriness that you mention is almost always temporary. The system tries to load the image as fast as it can. A slow computer will take a second or two for the whole image to load and then it will clear up (unless you move through the model again).

Realtors don't want to be bothered. A lot of them are technophobes and can't even understand what our 3D model is.It can take hours to scan a house - especially if it is cluttered with a lot of furniture, etc. From what I've experienced so far, three a day would be very difficult.

The camera is expensive, the monthly fee is expensive and the scans are expensive. Your time is worth money. I'm struggling to find appropriate pricing myself. Matterport does not want to discuss pricing.

Yes, the MP camera is HDR.

You don't actually download the images. MP provides you with a link to their service to view the images.

Real estate is the usual target, but keep an open mind. There are a lot of other targets to pursue. I'm finding that the hardest part is getting people to understand what the 3D model is and why it is better. Recently, After spending hours doing a scan, the realtor just wanted me to capture stills from the video. She could not understand 3D and the more I tried to explain it, the more confused she got. I think it might be necessary to sit down and show people. I'm willing to do that but I only have so much time.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@VirtualizeLife
You need to read a very important post about 6 months ago that talked about no need for Matterport services in the Seattle area, my suggestion would be forget about it in that area it is not very good.
Ya just kidding, we are also in the Seattle area and if you need assistance please let me or my partner know. Lots of questions and some of them are very dependent on several things. We have provided the service in the area and because the market is hot few agent want to use the VR models. South King County home are selling at about 20-45 days with nothing other than photos from phones. So why would they pay for the services. As to address the issue about why wouldn't offices buy there own, Redfin has several of the cameras and talking with thier agents they do not have the time, patients and or knowledge to do it.
Reach out if you need help or have questions, I guess there is room for one more BUT PLEASE KEEP IT A SECRET WE DONT WANT ANY MORE

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
The Seattle market is overly saturated. There's at least a dozen other people who have already gone door to door.
Post 4 IP   flag post
VirtualizeLife private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @suncoastskyview and @ron0987. Your answers were quite helpful. I look forward to talking with you and Saturday Ron.

@RenderingSpace
There are a lot of doors in the Seattle area. If 12+ competitors scare me away I have no business in business.
Post 5 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck buddy. Let me know if you need any help.
Post 6 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
I think we would all like 3 jobs a day but it is just not going to happen, at least not where I am 1 camera/250k people. I honestly feel you will be lucky to get 3 per month in your first 3 months.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
A lot of great questions in this thread. Anyone else want to add their 2 cents? (How much is that in Euros?)
Post 8 IP   flag post
101631 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?