Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Door

Cant Walk Thru Front Door913

WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
Can I get some input on this problem with a recent scan.
I cant walk thru the font door(In or Out) on the finished model but I can walk in and out of the front door in the workshop. It is a little off but it works in the workshop. Here is the link. I am stumped
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=i24yp1Voeat

Thank You
Dave F
Post 1 IP   flag post
WalkVirtually private msg quote post Address this user
I had the same exact problem after switch to 2.0. Hopefully someone can answer
Post 2 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi, Dave. Apparently, this closed door made it impossible to pass.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
you had the door closed. @Max I was just about to post that too.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
Thanks
The door was kept open thru most of the scan. I can walk in & out in the workshop and the door is open. It is a weird glitch. I had the door open all most all of the scan.isn't it odd that I can go in and out in the workshop?
Post 6 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
I recommend you duplicate the model on your iPad, delete the stand point (#63) that @max_sodomovskiy pointed out and re-upload. I'm pretty confident that will fix it, thats the closest point near the closed door. There are others nearby for it not to affect the flow of navigation.

Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
Thank You Carlos
I will give it a try
Post 8 IP   flag post
Daniel1977 private msg quote post Address this user
Also make sure that none of your window markings are extending into the door way this can also cause the issue.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
I have found outdoor scans may misalign even though the alignment was successful especially when bright. When this happens the model gets confused and the scans don't tether properly.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Punta Gorda, Florida
mefederau private msg quote post Address this user
As a new user with only 7 scans under my belt, I've learned quickly that preparing our homes before the shoot is critical to a successful session. I have all lights on, all doors that will be walk-through are opened (and stay open); the latter has avoided any walk-through conflicts. Here in SW Florida, we have lots of covered lanai's and i've had great luck in capturing images outdoors in those areas, partly cloudy days are best of course. I did the following tour for a building friend who just opened a new model home this week - I think it turned out pretty well.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=2xDfYK3TLap

- Mike
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
Thank you everyone for all the help. Mike I loaded your scan. Nice! Bill yes I have notice the lighting has an issue with aligning from higher to lower light. If I can't get the area because it's to sunny I go back later after the sun sets a little. But there are sometimes issues with aligning.
What confused me with this issue was that I could walk in & out with the circles in the workshop but not with the arrow keys. I see that when I came around and down the hall from the laundry room the front door was shut an caused the problem. It put a fragment in the door as support relayed to me. This forum is so great. I really appreciate everyone's help.
thank You Again
Post 12 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Dave - I might also suggest trimming off the street and backyard so they don't show and make sure all windows and glass doors are marked. Here is sample trim. The 3 slanted tiny red arrows point to windows I'm not sure you marked.

Post 13 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
@mefederau Great capture. I am new to this too and wishing to learn as much as possible, how did you create the Video walk through?
Thanks for any help/ideas. Regards Noel
Post 14 IP   flag post
101421 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?