Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

Matterport Repair(MR) service slow & pricie904

Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Well it happened again - camera was being used on uneven tile surfaces and fell hard hitting floor. The case popped opened but I managed to snap it back together. Luckily we had backup camera in the area. This is the second time this camera took a a hard tumble. To my surprise the camera still worked fine. We did several tests and also a job with it.

But I still wanted to send it in to Matterport for calibration check.

Brief timeline:
14 days ago:
We ship camera to Matterport

9 days ago:
Matterport Repair (MR) receives camera 10am

7 days ago:
MR - "We received the camera and currently looking into it."

4 days ago:
MR - "It will be a few more days of testing before the camera will get back."

Today:
MR - "Your camera repairs are estimated at a bit under $500.00 and we are starting to work on it now."

If they manage to fix and get it out by Mon or Tuesday we would be looking at getting the camera back by Fri - a full 3 weeks from the time we shipped it out.

I felt a little confusion in the information provided us. And I was a little surprised to learn the price for calibration on a working unit. I would assume calibration is a simple test - hook it up to a machine, run a few tests, dial in calibration and done. With shipping back and forth we'll easily be 3 weeks without a camera.

So just wanted to share this ongoing experience we are having with the Matterport Repair Dept. If you do need to send a camera in for calibration or repair you can expect being without it for at least 3 weeks in the US. For those that depend heavily on providing Matterport services to their clients and cannot afford a 3 week downtime you should consider getting a 2nd camera as backup or at least having access to one.

I would be curious to learn of other experiences with Matterport Repair.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Amaury private msg quote post Address this user
That is good info, thanks a lot for sharing, specially for camera owners outside of the US.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
This was somewhat discussed in a previous thread:

https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/841/mp-camera-smashing-on-tile-floor/

I carry insurance on my camera and equipment for this very reason. My insurance also covers general liability (in case something in the house gets broken or other damages occur).

My annual insurance costs are $500 CAD (canadian dollars), which under current exchange rate is only $376 USD.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
We have insurance as well - hate using it on such a small claim as each occurrence the deductible begins to rise. I was merely raising awareness of what one might expect should they need to send their camera in for repair.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the if Bill
I'm thinking about adding padding to mine
Post 5 IP   flag post
101432 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?