Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
DaveFahrny private msg quote post Address this user
I may have a chance to scan a new indoor playground. It is 9600 Sq Ft. I have never scanned anything that large. Will I need to break it up into several scans? Any advice for large scans like this.
Thank You
Post 1 IP   flag post
Stubacca private msg quote post Address this user
I did a 6,000 sf show room in 155 scans, but the scan placements were pretty tight together. I would imagine an indoor playground should easily fit under 200 scans since you won't need to be that close to each other. Regardless, I have seen single model tours for luxury homes well into the 10K and even 20K sf range. I wouldn't worry.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas

The above photo is the layout to get a rough idea of the project. There is a cafe and parents lounge also. Any more advice or help would be appreciated. Some of the Slides and Play areas are 3 levels high.?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Stubacca private msg quote post Address this user
Will you need to travel through each passageway on all three levels? If so, that could be challenging, but it would also make for an amazing tour. If you only need to get the main travel areas on the bottom level, without going into the obstacle course, I still think you will be fine.
Post 4 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
Whoa that looks intense; that would be a great tour to see. If you do have to split it up I'd recommend doing a one page website with links to scroll to different tours of different areas if there is a logical way to break it up.

I would also recommend the method Dan mentions of overscanning then removing inbetween scans. I am sure with those tight spaces and turns that it'll require many scans to be much closer than a standard house. Will definitely take longer than a normal house to scan.

If you do it please share I'd love to see it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
I'd also let them know that dollhouse and possibly the floor plan view will not come out great as the image looks very busy. I am just assuming that there will be a lot of black areas but being such a big areas not enough scans to be able to get it all perfect for those views.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Las Vegas
Thank You! Yes I think the end showcase would be Awesome.
I am trying decide how to approach this potential project. The grand opening is mid December. I like that it will be brand new. I need to walk it a few times to see what it will take. I appreciate all that knowledge out there so please give me some input and advice if you would!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Grant private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcclell
I'd also let them know that dollhouse and possibly the floor plan view will not come out great as the image looks very busy.

Agreed... Dollhouse view and floor plan may be odd.. Floorplan may be workable, dollhouse on the other hand will be interesting to see when its done....

I am working on a building with some unique features..
*13,000 - 15,000 Sq Ft. I do not have an accurate Sq Ft reading that's me using the measuring tool real quick
*Four floors
*Glass walls three out of four floors
*430 Scans currently, deleted down to 265
*Only marked a limited amount of windows, mirrors, and trimmed a few things that I thought would cause an issue. *Took a very very long time to upload/render. Had some black patches that I need to try and fill in.. but considering the building and architecture it came out great, some black patches were small and especially noticeable to me and/or other Matter Peeps.
Will hopefully be able to share the project and more information soon. Getting close to completion
It is full of offices, a restaurant, and is a landmark/open for tours. I worked in the early morning on it for the week and scheduled homes in the afternoons
(My patience has greatly increased! I am pretty good at dodging camera shots and people in the shots now.)

Considering my project and the building I am working in, I think your project will be feasible. Take your time, get plenty of scans.
Jamie mentioned in another post to duplicate the model once you start getting upwards to 150-200 scans. The app may start to crash once you get that high, something to do as a precaution. I never had an issue with crashing, but duplicated every now and then once I got that high.

Good Luck!
Post 8 IP   flag post
tradetickers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFahrny
I may have a chance to scan a new indoor playground. It is 9600 Sq Ft. I have never scanned anything that large. Will I need to break it up into several scans? Any advice for large scans like this.
Thank You
25,000 sq ft is the max...you're good
Post 9 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Vertical features are always tough in dollhouse view. This and there is a roof over all this, probably exposed. Thin beams and meshes don't help either. I think this will be cool for the walkthrough but I would expect the dollhouse to be choppy at best. I might plan on disabling dollhouse for this one. I hope it works out for you.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?