Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

MP Camera Smashing on Tile Floor841

cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Ouch! No it didn't happen, yet. But I've seen more than my share of costly electronics destroyed this way and yesterday while shooting on some tile stairs I got this erie feeling.

So does anyone recommend a protective casing (not for transport, full time) solution for our little friend?

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
WalkVirtually private msg quote post Address this user
Don't have an answer to your question but wow, what a visual!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2M-Kids-Softy-Safety-Table-Corner-Softener-Edge-Cushion-Strip-Guard-Protector-/271729059034?var=&hash=item3f445064da:m:mhCNzfncXTIvyuVfK00rVEQ

Something like these should work. It should minimize the impact enough.
Post 3 IP   flag post
davidpylyp private msg quote post Address this user
I have my camera insured for replacement cost from theft or damage

Premium is about $120 per year
Post 4 IP   flag post
Yeah me too. But I don't have loss of income insurance however. We he more than 1 camera so it's not as important compared to those who have just the one.
Don't give your competition a chance to take your customers
Post 5 IP   flag post
Daniel1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I thought about taking mine to one of those places that spray rubber coating not sure if that would help protect it but it sure would look cool.
Post 6 IP   flag post
tradetickers private msg quote post Address this user
120 a year covers the entire cost of the camera? Where can I get insurance like that? tnx
Post 7 IP   flag post
I got mine in a package with liability and e&o insurance.
I believe if you have your business registered on your home insurance you may also be able to claim it on contents insurance
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Look for the Buy Camera and Gear link under the map on the right. I include a pelican case on the shopping list.

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I recently got insurance for our activities and it is $500/year. That includes replacement cost of equipment (not only Matterport camera, but iPad and DSLR camera w/lens & flash) for theft and damage. It also includes e&o insurance. Winters in our location can get colder than -40 degrees (which is the same temperature in celsius and farenheit), and furnace switches can look a lot like light switches. Last thing we need is a Seller to sue because we turned off the furnace on the way out which froze the house bursting pipes and causing flooding... or simply thinking all doors were locked and yet something was left open and trouble happens.... insurance is a good thing!
Post 10 IP   flag post
cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks all
Post 11 IP   flag post
101641 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?