Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceTips

Other Uses 4 Marking Features: Window-Mirror832

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
All,

This thread is for examples of other uses for marketing features (other than for marking windows and mirrors).

Window
Mirror

I will start it off with:

1. on an outside deck that is not screened in, try using the window marker. It's like adding a glass windows where there are none. It often makes the 3D Showcase look nicer.

What other uses for marketing features with Window and Mirror (other than for marking windows and mirrors)?

Thanks,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
We have used the mirror marker for large flat screen TV's that have a highly reflective surface.

Ron
Post 2 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe not quite the right spot to ask, but I've been wondering about marking/not marking windows that are covered with sheers or blinds. I've mostly been not marking them, and seeing no ill effects, but I feel a little guilty. Should I?

Craig
Post 3 IP   flag post
@craigsauer
If I see there is no possible problem with reflection I do not mark them either. We have not found that it has effected any of our models. I only get concerned when there is the possibility of reflection.

Ron
Post 4 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
In the case of sliding glass doors that lead to unscanned places. Do you mark them as windows? leave them alone and trim or ?
Post 5 IP   flag post
chdsi80 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeE
In the case of sliding glass doors that lead to unscanned places. Do you mark them as windows? leave them alone and trim or ?

I am wondering about the glass walls. we are testing MP camera here.
Basically, everything is made of glass. I plan to start from the centre and mark everything. but, do I mark the glass walls as windows or trim both sides to make it neat?

Post 6 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know what the right answer is for sure but I would probably leave all the doors open, mark all the glass walls and exterior windows as windows.
If you don't mark them as windows it will scan some space through the window and leave lots of ugly splatter in the offices. I don't think that will actually hurt you in the end but to be safe, and to keep the scan clean, i would mark them all as windows.
Post 7 IP   flag post
smcclell private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, maybe a double side window lines along wall.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I agree with smcclell, I would mark both sides of the windows so the processing software will not try to identify anything on there otherside of the window and included in the area or side the camera is on. You can always remark it and run it thru with several different setups to see what comes out the best on a final model.

Ron
Post 9 IP   flag post
ccctucker private msg quote post Address this user
The reason behind the markers is to stop the errant points that result from the IR penetrating the glass, resulting with skewed points that tell the computer that there may be another room there. When it can't find something else to verify or align to, it makes registration so much more difficult. This is why you see "overspray" in the dollhouse mode, the marker may have been put on, but there is a gap between the actual wall and where the mirror begins. If done correctly, you should never have overspray.
Post 10 IP   flag post
101599 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?