Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceeBayStolen

Buying-Selling Matterport Camera Meets Fraud805

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
All,

About buying and selling used Matterport Pro 3D Cameras via posts in the Matterport User Group Forum:

1. For Sellers that post, should I require an eBay link for the protection of both the buyer and seller?

2. Should I remove all notices to buy or sell a used Matterport camera?

3. Should buying and selling notices be limited to this thread?

4. Other ways to help protect MUG Forum members (and those that read the Forum)?

I ask because Matterport let me know tonight (Thursday, 15 October 2015):

"Just a heads up. Someone used a fraudulent obtained credit card to buy a camera [from Matterport] and then turned around and found a buyer on your forum. The person that bought this camera, is, unfortunately, stuck with a lemon as we will not authorize it’s use."

"There have been a few cases of stolen cameras, but this is the only one that has turned up yet. Please feel inform your [Members] to be careful and to know that stolen cameras won’t be authorized by us. If they aren’t sure, then they should double check on the seller."

All, thanks for your thoughts on this topic.

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
edirwin private msg quote post Address this user
First off, Dan, I'm delighted that both you and Matterport are concerned enough to get involved in this issue and, more importantly that Matterport can exert some control over the issue. But I would doubt if Matterport would do the same if a buyer purchased a camera from someone via MUG with a bad card or even a bad check (somehow) and then resold it and got paid. In that event, it would not be Matterport that would be out the money but some third party and, again, I wonder if Matterport would get involved in that situation because then they would insert themselves as an arbiter of who was wrong and who was right. So, maybe your idea of a thread with an eBay link is the only (or the best, at least) way to protect you and MUG from getting involved in all that legality garbage.
Post 2 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
I think you have to remove all notices to buy and sell used camera.
I think MUG should not get involved in things like that
I think MUG could lose credibility if someone buys a stolen camera from a member
I think MUG is a place to help ourselves and not an used market
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi @edirwin and @PieroBortolot

Thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated and helpful.

As of Friday (16 October 2015), this is the only Matterport User Group Forum thread to announce a used Matterport Pro 3D Pro Camera is for sale (and it must be offered for sale on eBay).

I am doing this to avoid challenges like the above.

Members of the We Get Around Referral Network of Matterport Pro 3D Camera Photographers and Real Estate Agents for more than three months, there is no charge for this listing.

For non-members, each "Camera for Sale" ad cost is $49.95 and you can pay here.

Once you pay, please Private Message (PM) me (not by email).

The ad will appear below and say ...

"A used Matterport Pro 3D Camera was posted to eBay today [Date]. Here's the link [link]."

If you want to buy a used Matterport Pro 3D Camera, same process as above, except that the ad is $24.95 and you can pay here.

The ad will appear below and say ...

"If you have a used Matterport Pro 3D Camera that you want to sell, a buyer has expressed interest today in [city], [state] [Country]."

Any notices to buy or sell used cameras that show up in this or other MUG Forum threads will be removed.

I encourage you to buy a new Matterport Pro 3D Camera so that you can return it within 30 days if you are not happy (see Matterport Camera Sale Return Policy | Section 3); get the benefit of the warranty; and know that you are able to get a Matterport Cloud Service Plan.

That said, I understand that you may want to buy or sell a used Matterport Pro 3D Camera.

Caveat Emptor

Thanks,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @edirwin
Nice going, Dan. And good work on taking care of a very dicey subject very quickly and very cleanly.

Ed,

Thanks again!

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
101602 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?