Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Matterport Showcase 2.0 "Wish List"803

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
After you start using Showcase 2.0, what "wish list" would you like to share with Matterport?

On 15 November 2015, I will send a summary to Matterport.

Let's start it off with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D

One thing I don't like is that I notice that some of the best locations for taking in full room pics on a highlight reel come from scans I've deactivated in the corners of the room. In order to have the image in the highlight reel I have to activate the scan point which means that the corner scans would then be locations the audience can jump to. That kinda sucks. If I have a scan from a corner it's to look out into the room, but if someone navigates to that corner from somewhere else in the room they will be staring at the wall until they do a 180 degree turn.
Post 1 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
1 Matterport Branding is getting more and more obtusive. Nothing, then 1/3 of the load time, now full load time in color. Hard for us to get business when matterport is cannibalizing this network.

2. Why get rid of the icons for floor plan and dollhouse? I hate the word dollhouse because it is a subconscious (or conscious) deterrent for a large portion of male viewers. Do you like playing with dolls? I mean do you like the dollhouse? It is emasculating. Keep the icon, loose the text or change it so something like "3D overview" or "DH view" even..
Post 2 IP   flag post
Honolulu
dphi private msg quote post Address this user
I have not looked at 2.0 yet so these may be addressed

I would like to be able to disable/hide the floor plan and/or dollhouse. I have had a couple clients ask to remove the floor plan.

Of course a photography credit with link would be my top request.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@alx3D how about Castle View as in my home is my castle?

That's what we tell our clients.

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
I would like to be able to edit the public fields for all of my models at once. I would rather not copy paste my email and phone number in 300 times. If nothing else make default info for new models
Post 5 IP   flag post
Tette99 private msg quote post Address this user
1. can we place the 'terms' within somewhere less conspicuous or embed somewhere within the 'more'?

2. can we enable other languages text to be displayed for 'presented by'?

3. can we upload and use company logo for 'presented by'?

4. what happened to being able to click on items within the 3D tour and pop up text description boxes? ie. click on a TV screen and display a popup text box?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Ok so when the 3D showcase is Embedded in a page and you are viewing that page on an ipad (or iphone i suspect) you get a significant functionality issue. You can not scroll past the embed like you can for any other content. Check out the video example
Post 7 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
@alx3D Yeah same problem. That's not good at all.
Post 8 IP   flag post
At least on my models, there's been a noticeable downgrade in quality. The first shot is a photo I took several months ago from the workshop. The 2nd is one I took today. Check out the up-close look at the vase on the counter. Not good!

Post 9 IP   flag post
BillRobinson private msg quote post Address this user
Keep 'Dollhouse'. I'd rather appeal to the gender that makes the vast majority of the buying decisions regarding home purchases, interior design, furniture.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
In the "Classic" workshop I am able to take a screen capture of a dollhouse view utilizing any combination of floors (e.g., for a 2-storey house with basement [3 levels] I could take a screen capture with all 3 levels showing, and then using the annotate button I could turn off one level and keep the other two to take another screen shot). That said, in the Workshop 2.0 it's all or just one. You can't take out only one level at a time. I would hate to lose that functionality so I hope they either allow for that option in Showcase 2.0 or keep Classic workshop available to allow for those screen captures.
Post 11 IP   flag post
PeterMatterport private msg quote post Address this user
Queen_City_3D - you can only do a floor at a time
Post 12 IP   flag post
Truth be told, I think the dollhouse view is actually really gimmicky. It's only real purpose is to show that the technology makes a 3D model of the space. I highly doubt people use it to actually explore the home. To me, it makes even the most organized homes look like a trash pile.

I prefer the floor plan view. So I'm majorly disappointed that the floor plan view is practically hidden now and the average viewer is rarely going to figure out how to get to it. Now it takes way too many clicks to get to the floor plan, let alone change floors.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
My list -- largely a list of on/off options:

* Loading Screen
-- Option: Show branding during Load
-- Option: Start tour in scene w/o zoom
-- Option: Start tour in dollhouse view (current default)
-- Option: Start tour with minimized controls (instead of open with animated closure - Dollhouse / Floorplan / Snapshots)

* Interface

-- Move Terms, and help to lower right. (We don't need things stuck to every corner of the tour. I prefer only the bottom corners)
-- Restore individual dollhouse / floorplan icons
-- Option: Turn off Dollhouse (only)
-- Option: Turn off Floorplan (only)
-- Option: Turn off information (does not affect loading screen)
-- Option: Information starts minimized
-- Option: Information position (top left, top right)

* Snapshots
-- Create URLs for each snapshot
-- Possible Javascript Interface to create external navigation

* Global Options
-- Turn off Branding on all tours (for MLS Backwards Compatibility)
-- Bulk update information

* Dollhouse View
-- Better controls -- you cannot zoom in and view the first floor at the same zoom as the second floor. There might need to be physical buttons to facilitate this.

* Walkthrough Tour
-- Fix horrible quality, or mark as * BETA * out of respect

From tette99:
-- Language Choices for interface ('presented by' / 'powered by')
-- Upload company logo for loading screen.
Post 14 IP   flag post
josephthomp private msg quote post Address this user
@alx3D The issue with scrolling on mobile devices is huge for me since the majority of people surf the web on some sort of touch device now. Just wanted to let you know I've played around with CSS and various Javascript fixes and haven't found one for now but am using a work around. What I'm doing as a temporary fix is using an image of the same start screen that the iframe has but then just linking it to open the tour in a new tab. Works well and better than people getting stuck.

@RenderingSpace I completely agree with the points you raised; quality issue and more clicks to do things are poor design. Maybe the quality thing is to speed it up but I haven't noticed a change.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi all,

Good news ...

Matterport let me know that they are reading this and the Matterport Showcase 2.0 Released thread and "will be incorporating some of the suggested changes and fixing some of the bugs that have been mentioned."

Matterport appreciates the Matterport User Group Forum Members help in fixing and approving the platform.

So, this is a great opportunity to help fix and improve the platform.

On my "wish list" is that Matterport charter private jets to fly us all in for input, testing and a launch party.

So, post away

Best,

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
I would love if Matterport used the forum members and included us in the development process.

By letting us beta test new features it would give them valuable information about bugs and preferences but would also keep us in the loop as to what is going on.

Many of us have very elaborate workarounds to address specific quarks in the 3D showcase. If a MP solution is on the horizon this would help eliminate wasted effort and we could help give valuable feedback. Team up. We are free labor.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Something small but I would like to see a option to change the background color from black to white to have a cleaner look,

Also I know there are the mirror, window and trim markers but I would like to see a erase tool option to easily show what part of a scan we do not want while scanning with the ipad.
Post 18 IP   flag post
ckeegan private msg quote post Address this user
Honestly, I figured this would be a no-brainer for the launch of 2.0, but how about some analytics capability? At the very least, I would like to know how many people have viewed our tours, but I would really love to know where they clicked the link.

When are we expecting the Facebook embedding feature to launch? That's honestly the one I was most excited about, and it would be amazing if it autoplayed the tour in the newsfeed like it does for uploaded videos.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Analytics provide extremely valuable data and I would imagine Matterport has their own internal analytics. We too would also like to have access to the data they gather related to our models even if it's abbreviated.
We started converting many Matterport links to Bitly links to better track demographics.
Post 20 IP   flag post
mikeE private msg quote post Address this user
I just got my camera the day 2.0 came out.

- I love the new filmstrip of highlight snapshots
- I hate that clicking on a snapshot in the new filmstrip takes me on a very slow very jerky ride through the mesh view of the house. Its so bad I can't even consider using the filmstrip until that is resolved.
- So far I don't think the snapshots are high enough quality to use anyway so if we could import a photo for the filmstrip and link that photo to a location in the matterport tour then we could be sure of getting the highest quality available.
- How much do I have to pay to get rid of the Matterport logo?
- In the same location as the dollhouse toggle switch I would like a floorplan toggle switch that would bring up the top view of a given floor. Then I (as the end customer) could use the floor picker to decide which top view floorplan I would like to see. I would choose that toggle switch every time.
- I would also like to be able to use edit features found in the ipad capture app in the workshop on my computer. That way, i could have one employee out doing the scans and have another employee in the office or wherever editing the scan, deleting bad scans, marking forgotten windows, trimming results of forgotten windows, and prepping the home for final use. In my use case and I would say in any substantial business model that includes this technology you will want people specialized in scanning and other people specialized in editing, cleaning, branding, etc.
- alternative to my last feature request would be to let me download scans from the cloud to my ipad. That way the employee in the field can upload them and the employee in the office can pull them down and edit them.
- when i click on floorplan in the workshop I can't pick which floor. Being able to choose floors and then be able to hide scans from that view would be super helpful.
Post 21 IP   flag post
101429 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?