Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Matterport Showcase 2.0 Released802

CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
official announcement hasn't been sent, but we now have access to it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I'm trying to use it now! Some great changes!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool! It'll take some playing around with to learn how to create a good highlight reel.

I don't see the option to add Mattertags yet..
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
No neither do I.
It seems smoother and more refined. Liking it so far
Post 4 IP   flag post
franmts private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome!!! I've just left an hour ago a great meeting with a client asking me to let them know in first place when 2.0 would be released! LOL
Post 5 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
I think the Mattertag option is going to be in the 2.1 release
Post 6 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
So do we have to re-upload our tours to improve them to 2.0?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Not liking the walk through much. It's a shame it's not higher quality so it could be used for video
Post 8 IP   flag post
@judysmithre

looks like you have to make your desired changes and hit publish and then existing tours go into the 2.0 format
Post 9 IP   flag post
cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
OK I think this is good news right, MatterTags here we come.
But may I ask how you guys know how to use it? Did I miss the memo with the instructions?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Just start playing with it. There's not that much additional
The information displaying is the most useful part I can see straight up. You can "brand" it a little better.

Have a look under the edit details part. Play around with the areas there and see how it looks and feels to you/your clients
Post 11 IP   flag post
@cdpmedia Trial and error I guess...

One thing I don't like is that I notice that some of the best locations for taking in full room pics on a highlight reel come from scans I've deactivated in the corners of the room. In order to have the image in the highlight reel I have to activate the scan point which means that the corner scans would then be locations the audience can jump to. That kinda sucks. If I have a scan from a corner it's to look out into the room, but if someone navigates to that corner from somewhere else in the room they will be staring at the wall until they do a 180 degree turn.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@queen_city_3D Have you tried taking a snap and then disabling the scan? I haven't tried that. Wonder if that would also remove the photo??
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Jamie That doesn't work. It says, "Cannot disable scan currently referenced by a snapshot".
Post 14 IP   flag post
Well that's a pain
Post 15 IP   flag post
From the preview video they showed it seemed the highlight reel was more of a curated tour and that it would automatically navigate you from one location to the next. I wonder if this is coming in the future? From the looks of it now all the highlight reel does is jump you from one location to another.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Brant private msg quote post Address this user
@queen_city_3d you need to change the Highlight Reel Tour Type from "Slideshow" to "Walkthrough". It is set to Slideshow by default.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Brant Thanks!
Post 18 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
I was busy editing scans, and when I reopened the workshop Santa came early. Just sent it off to my client and they are blown away with the new features.

I played around with the Highlights, if you do them in a flowing order turns out to be a nearly "video like".
Post 19 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
I think that having a simple round button with a play button is going to go a long ways! It's much more obvious that it's a button to press now.

The guided tour is pretty cool. I like how smooth it is and how it temporarily sends you into mesh mode. I imagine that as the years go on and the tech continues to improve, the visuals will be high-def. That's the direction we're heading!

@CarlosFHdz, have you tried this on the Gear VR yet?

Disabling the dollhouse view will make quite a few people happy.

Overall, I think it's a great step forward.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
The following eBlast was sent by The Matterport Team at 5 pm EST Wednesday, 14 October 2015.

A virtual for Matterport User Group Forum Member @CarlosFHdz for being first to let members know this new solution was activated earlier today.

----

What’s new in 3D Showcase 2.0?
Dear Matterport Customer,

We are excited to announce the release of 3D Showcase 2.0, with features designed to help you build your brand and increase engagement with your Spaces. With 3D Showcase 2.0, we’re putting you in the driver’s seat with fully automated guided tours, as well as more ways for you to provide context for your models and get your brand out there.

Below is an overview of what’s new in 3D Showcase 2.0. For a full description of new features, visit our blog and our Showcase 2.0 hub on the Support site.

Highlights of 3D Showcase 2.0 include:

-- Highlight Reel. Arrange snapshots - now called highlights - into a Highlight Reel, which appears at the bottom of 3D Showcase and gives the viewer a quick way to move from place to place.

-- Guided Tours. With a press of the play button, the user starts the Guided Tour, which automatically moves them through the Highlight Reel.

-- About Panel. Provide your audience with context about a space using the About Panel, which shows descriptive information and address.

-- Customer Brand Name. Put your brand front and center by making your company name visible on the loading screen and at the top of any 3D Showcase.

-- Deactivate 3D view modes. Deactivate floor plan and dollhouse view modes when you only want viewers to experience walkthrough mode.

-- New, streamlined interface. More information and interactivity is packed into a low-profile interface that puts your creativity and Spaces forward.

-- MLS-friendly URLs. Use an MLS-friendly URL without customer branding in order to comply with MLS requirements that limit prominent brand placement.

You can adjust settings for these and other 3D Showcase features from within the new version of Workshop, available to you now through Portal.

For a limited time, you will also be able to edit your Spaces using Workshop classic. We hope this helps you transition your workflow to our new Workshop.

Temporarily, measurements and room labels will be available only within Workshop classic.

We can’t wait for you to start using these new features and seeing the benefits in increased engagement and brand exposure. We are also excited to roll out additional features - including social sharing and Mattertags - in the coming months. If you have any questions, please contact support@matterport.com.

Thanks,
The Matterport Team
Copyright © 2015 Matterport Inc.
All rights reserved

140 S. Whisman Rd, Suite A
Mountain View, CA 94041

Corporate Office
+1 (650) 641-2241
Post 21 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
When someone gets a tour done with all the new features, please post it here so we can all act like a customer! Thanks!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Maybe it's just my eyes but I feel like the visual quality has gone done hill. When you go into full screen mode, everything looks way more pixely than before. And I'm not talking about the highlight reel. Just the normal walk-through view.

Is this just me or does anyone else feel like the tours have become more fuzzy?
Post 23 IP   flag post
Two clicks instead of 1 to change floors also seems like a regress.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not liking the update. I liked the elegance and simplicity of v1.0. Just as RenderingSpace just stated -- two clicks to change floors is a major regress.

All of the extras make the platform look complicated and less appealing.

I don't find the highlight reel very useful. It's sort of neat... but ghastly in 'Walkthrough' mode... the quality is terrible.

Why can't we just put our own branding on the loading screen? I don't want an information box in the top left -- and if I have to have that, why can it not default to being closed?

I've disabled all of the new features.

Rather disappointed. We should have the option to keep the classic interface if we like it more.

I'm going to blame Dan Smigrod. (J/K).
Post 25 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
@RenderingSpace concerning quality.

I think that the quality is the same once the model is loaded. Unfortunately though I think the load time has increased because of the extra highlight real picture data is being pushed to the front of the line over the 3D model data. This is causing very fuzzy transitions for the first walkthroughs and then after it is fully loaded the quality is back to where it was before. That is my take on it at least. As for the "walkthrough" That quality is horrendous with long ugly transition in my opinion.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@Metroplex360,
I wonder how many newbies will open up the virtual tour, see a play button, and think it's just a fancy moving slide show?

I think some things have been improved but I think the view toggle (switch to dollhouse then choose floor plan or dollhouse) just adds more confusion.

I wonder if Matterport does blind studies on test people to see their reaction? It might be harder and harder for us pros to gauge how the general public might be reacting to these changes.
Post 27 IP   flag post
@alx3D,
Maybe I'm subconsciously hoping for drastic improvements so much so that I realize once again that the visual quality has never been high-def.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I've been on this Matterport Thrill ride for a year now and once again I'm reminded how strange it is at the total loss of control we have over our own future with this tech.

I kind of reminds me of the public backlash when Facebook debuted "The Newsfeed". Everyone freaked out. But now it's like the whole point of people getting on Facebook.

Still I'm super bummed about the toggling between floors, floor plan view, and dollhouse view. To me, at least, it just got way more complicated.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
RenderingSpace: I'd fear that people would just think it's a slide show . I've turned that feature off after testing it because I think it adds confusion too -- it takes away the desire to explore and I find myself hung up on wondering WHY the snapshots I picked are the pictures and whether I should have picked other ones...

I also don't know why they felt that they should show all of the controls during a dramatic zooming intro that all disappear -- it's just too much getting in the way of showing the space... too many bells & whistles.

FEATURE REQUEST LIST:

Name & Summary
-- Option: Show during Load // Show on Tour // Show on Tour Minimized

TOUR START
-- Option: Start in Dollhouse // Start in Scene (without zooming)
-- Controls: Show Controls // Hide Controls

Interface:
-- Option to still show the floorplan button when disabling dollhouse
-- Return to separate floorplan / dollhouse buttons - the new popup is silly.

--

If Matterport would allow us to continue to show our tours the way they were previously being displayed with the option to add the new features gracefully, I'd be fine with the new features that I don't care about using

If you disable the 'Dollhouse' button, you also lose the floorplan view - which is silly -- but you can have the tour start without the dramatic zooming effect (that some clients don't want). Why can't we pick to keep the buttons, or choose which ones and start without a zoom in?

SILLY!
Post 30 IP   flag post
101423 71 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?