Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceOutdoorsProblems

Swimming Pool Scan, help needed793

Conor private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys

I've done pools before and never had this issue. I did this triplex last week and have some problems with the reflex that the pool gave on the 3rd floor. Have spoken to the support at Matterport but they couldn't help.

Here is scan:
https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qspXAfNXqpa

Have tried trimming the "broken" area out but to no avail... Are there any other suggestions as to what I can do to rectify this (the property is a 6 hour drive away...)

Thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
I looked at your scan and around the pool. I am going to suggest that you do excellent work, are a perfectionist and professional photographer that is concerning yourself over a non-issue. I explored the property on the Showcase and as a home buyer and layperson, I would find the quality wonderful and, frankly, perfect. No one but you or some members will ever notice or care about some reflection on the pool. This model is incredibly useful to a home buyer. They will love it and so will the seller.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hi
Thanks for the kind words but did you check out the dollhouse and floor plan view??? They're a mess around pool
Best
Conor
Post 3 IP   flag post
cdpmedia private msg quote post Address this user
I did and saw what you meant after looking closely. Again, this small flaw will go completely unnoticed by a home shopper, in my opinion. But that is just one mans opinion. Sorry I cant help resolve it technically, hopefully someone here can.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Conor
The model looks great. I did see the doll house view and yes it is off. But understand at this point exterior shots are a gamble and the walk thru looks good even going outside. The only suggestion I would make in the future is if your doing an exterior, you do it at sun rise, sun set or on an overcast day. This will change the overall out come. You also got to remember there is so much reflection from the pool the over all process has a hard time developing a mesh, which is what the doll house uses to build a model that is why you cannot see anything in the doll house view.

Ron
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Conor This is a related MUG Forum thread about pools.
https://www.wegetaroundnetwork.com/topic/223/page/1/brain-teaser-1/
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks Dan but I didn't really find the answer there or anywhere on the forum (maybe I didn't try hard enough). I have done a pool outside on a rooftop before and it came out perfect in all views, although in retrospect there was no wind and the sun had actually set. In the recent scan, the building was only shading the area (sun had not set)and there was a lot of wind (I remember being scared that my camera would land in the pool!)
Q - do you think it could be the movement of the surface or the time of day which made the difference?
Thanks
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Conor
I know you said you adjusted the trim lines, but I am not sure what you adjusted. But just a suggestion run your trim lines up to the edge of the pool so the software will not attempt to develop a surface there. It is hard to describe without see your Ipad screen shot, but if you leave the concrete in but trim out the water the software maybe able to develop a mesh over the concrete walk way and clean up the doll house model.

Ron
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hi Ron

tried that thanks. Someone noticed that scans were appearing on different levels. What was suggested to me was to make a new floor and put all the scans on the pool level to the new floor. I'll keep you all posted

Best
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Conor
If that works please let us know and post the new model even if it does not work so we can look at the new process.

Thanks
Ron
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Conor
One other thought run the trim lines as a separate box just excluding the pool, see attached.

Processing is free and you might try several things after you move it to a separate floor. Trim the area in the box or water side.

Ron
Post 11 IP   flag post
will do, wow thanks for your help and work on this matter, really appreciate it Ron!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@Conor

Hopefully you get the some luck changing trim points to have your dollhouse view "pop" more, but I agree that to the layperson this model would look just fine.

One suggestion I would make is to remove some of the scan points in the hallway from the final showcase. The hallways look a little narrow so it's no surprise you had to do so many scans, but now that it's mapped out you should be able to remove a lot of those to have the walkthrough flow more smoothly.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks, I have done work for these clients before and they will definitely pick it out.

As regards extra scans etc, yes, I should have said that this has not been edited yet - want to see first if I can make it into a presentable format to send to client

Best
Post 14 IP   flag post
RenderingSpace private msg quote post Address this user
#1 It's outside
#2 It's water

Not a good combination for Matterport.
Trim away.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Conor

One of the "wish list for 3D Showcase" Forum thread post that we shared with Matterport is the option to disable the dollhouse and/or floor plan views.

Would this feature request be helpful to you with this model, if it was an option?

Dan
Post 16 IP   flag post
101432 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?