Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceNewbiesScanningScansTips

Remove security cameras from a business783

BrianM private msg quote post Address this user
* Disclaimer * I've been kicking the idea around about getting a MP system but have yet to make the plunge.

I have a potential first client that I've been talking with that may want a tour but doesn't want to show the locations of their security cameras and other devices within the showroom/sales floor.

Is there a way to edit those out of a room?
Post 1 IP   flag post
AltitudeCinematic private msg quote post Address this user
no you cant from the 3d tour only way would to be to disquise or hide the cameras somehow
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianM
Is your client going to have an open house? Is he going to remove the cameras for that? I continue to not understand this issue with security, does the house have a lock box on it, any crook that is looking for a house to break into could make an appointment and have an agent let them in as a potential buyer with little to no notice to the buyer. If I was a crook I think I would rather see the camera locations and see if they are real, and see this in person then be dependent on a Matterport VR tour. I think the tours are great but the details of security devices I just don't think those details are there. Just my thoughts, I just don't think this is a big issue as people worry about and we got to explain that to agents.

Ron
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hi Ron,

It is not a residence, it is a firearms retailer.

If an individual does come in to scope out the place they will be on tape as they will stick out like a sore thumb looking around at all the security instead of merchandise.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@BrianM
Then again the security issue comes up, what is he trying to show case, his business as a whole or a sales floor, an attached range or classrooms. Each client is different and again if he has a good security system whether it is a gun store, range, a bank or a jewelry store then knowing where the cameras are in a store should not be that big a deal. The big deal that I would be more worries about is the dollhouse view and the floor plan view which show his complete lay out of a business. I don't know on the gun-shop angle but if he is confident in his exterior security he should have no worries on where his interior cameras are.
Ron
Post 5 IP   flag post
It is a big deal to him, he doesn't want them shown so it is hard to convince otherwise.
Post 6 IP   flag post
@BrianM
Brian I am not here to dispute the security issue, I do understand, my overall concern is and it has been mentioned before the security issue in using MP. As a service provider I do not want to see even in this forum that being a big issue. Certain issues get identified as an issue like "security systems, alarms, valuable" in a house, business or venue and they get publicized on the internet as being an issue with virtual home or business models. Sometimes if the concern is so great you pass on the client. Again it depends on what are they trying to show case, in your case it a firearms retailer. If you cannot point out the reason to use MP then I don't know what you could say to convince him. But on a second note if he is broken into the MP shows he did have cameras installed and working for his insurance company. If the MP tours shows no cameras I would think that would be a concern for him. We did a high dollar home with an exclusive security and internet room. We made the choice not to view the room even though the room was an excellent selling feature.

Ron
Post 7 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
You could be creative and do your scans so there are things in front of the view of the camera so they are visible (short of standing in front the MP. Shooting at a lower than normal elevation as well could make the top of the 26" shotgun barrel hide a security camera. You'll need to be creative and take many more scans than normal - you can always delete scans later that might show a security cam. I'd be up for the challenge - and offer to barter for a case of 460's :-)
Post 8 IP   flag post
mwaychoff private msg quote post Address this user
For examples of Sensitive But Unclassified(SBU) building information see Attachment 1(ie page8-9) of this US Gov Controlled Unclassified Information(CUI) guidance document: http://www.gsa.gov/graphics/pbs/3490_1A_SIGNED.pdf

Although this language was not intended for application regarding residential realestate marketing these are real and present concerns when considering security of facilities of all building types. A brief summary is that it is the US Gov position that it is the responsibility of every individual stakeholder to protect CUI/SBU on a well defined 'need to know' basis.

Therefore it is clear that it is wholly irresponsible to NOT make both realestate agent/broker and in turn current home owner fully aware that a current limitation of MP solution is inability to redact appropriate captured image content at this time. It is also very reasonable to conclude that if a consumer is uncomfortable with accepting this risk that we inevitably have to pass on with MP Showcase then they have every right to pass on ordering MP Camera Service.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
This is good information mwaychoff as we are GSA Schedule Contract holders and we will soon be offering 3D Matterport Services through GSA.
thx
Post 10 IP   flag post
101429 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?