Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Real Estate

Scavenger hunt - marketing778

pheller private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone used a tour to create a scavenger hunt for any purpose? We were thinking of placing items in a house, and offering a discount to the first real estate agent who finds the item.

The idea is to get them to experience the navigation features. Any great ideas out there?
Post 1 IP   flag post
seanminor private msg quote post Address this user
@pheller oh man that is so funny. I was thinking about that the other week. Kind of like Disney putting "easter eggs" in their movies. There are a lot of creative things you can do. Personally, I would gear it towards the buyer side. Some type of contest to win a gift card. Drive traffic to the property. The seller is happy that an agent is being creative, plus that agent exposes the technology to more potential clients, which in turn gets you more business. I should probably start putting something in my scans from now on. Can't go back and do it of course.
Post 2 IP   flag post
pheller private msg quote post Address this user
I think we will "hide" several items so that we can get the most use out of a scan. Perhaps hold a scavenger hunt once a month. For Christmas we could use the Elf, Hanukkah could be a dreidel, a mug for coffee gift card, etc.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Hey Dan,
How about a "Marketing Ideas" tag if there isn't one already. We can continue to add to this as MP's try different ideas.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@pheller

Sounds like a cool idea ...

1. How many different outfits does Trini wear in my 3D Showcase tour?
2. How many time does Trini "show up"?
3. Where is the Matterport shipping box?

Though not originally created as a scavenger hunt, I did create it as a motivation to explore every nook and cranny of this space.

Backstory More Backstory

Some video of Trini about this art project ..

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
@pheller my only concern with seasonal items might be dating the scan. Thoughts?
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@seanminor Great Go for it! Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
jscottsmith private msg quote post Address this user
Dan -

I was under the impression that having items move or appear/disappear from one scan to another (like Trini) would be problematic. Apparently it's not. Any guidelines you've found?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@jscottsmith

It's hard work to make it look so easy

1. model stands still for 180-degrees that she is visible ...
2. model stands back from the camera (so only a portion of the environment has changed)
3. tolerate scan failure
4. take one-hour breaks for hair, make-up and outfit change

Scan and repeat for 18 hours ...

Best,

Dan

P.S. Here's another People Scan ...
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
When we did our haunted house we learned so much about what was 'tolerated' by the camera. Dan is right about the timing, it can wear a person (or several) out! But it was great fun, allowed us to experiment and be creative. I think it's a great idea too and I hope you share your results.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've done the scavenger hunt as a way to engage other agents in considering the listing to show to their clients.

I called it a VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE.

In one of the rooms there was a decorative saxophone and so when I emailed the link to the real estate agents I ran a contest.

I asked them to look a the Showcase and try to find what musical instrument was visible in one of the rooms of the house. I let them know that every correct response would be entered into a draw for a $50.00 restaurant gift certificate.

Most of the agents had never seen a 3D Showcase before and were blown away and there was certainly more business that came as a result of the Scavenger Hunt Contest.
Post 11 IP   flag post
StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
I taped a dollar bill in this scan and told agents if they find it they'd get 10% off.
www.PerfectView3d.com/grand-prairie
Post 12 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I do this online and offer a gift card to the first person whom finds it (proved by posting screen shot) or I play a game where people can guess price of home prior to it hitting the market.
Post 13 IP   flag post
101436 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?