Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Newbies

Learning Curve - First Scan742

StevenHattan private msg quote post Address this user
Ok...I think I took waaaayyyy toooo many scans for my first model. For all you seasoned veterans out there...did you find yourself being more efficient in the amount of scans as your experienced increase? I did 28 scans for a 1700 sf home. Jeez. As I look at it I could have probably done it in half. Just curious.
Post 1 IP   flag post
JohnBecker private msg quote post Address this user
That certainly doesn't sound like too many scans. You want to create a nice flow, but you also want to achieve a certain level of completeness so you don't wind up with too many black spots left unscanned. Why don't you post a link so we can see what it looks like?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I just uploaded the scan to Matterport. I'll post it once I get it. There will probably be more little white circles in the model than carpet fibers. haha. If I knew how to get a screenshot of the scans you'd probably get a good chuckle.
Post 3 IP   flag post
RealEstateReadines private msg quote post Address this user
28 scans is pretty low for 1700 Sq ft I think. I have 44 scans on a 1300 sq ft one level condo. I think it also depends if you are planning on pulling stills from the scans. Some of the best scans for stills are ones that do not matter in the viewing of the model.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Well, I'll be honest...I took the owners work for the square footage.

In any event, I didn't do that great. I did not do a final scan at the living room to the hallway so I can enter the hallway from that direction...only way is by the bedroom side.

Oh well, it was my first practice one. :-)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Keep an eye on your mini map and make sure you have a clear line of sight from one hot spot to the next. And don't be stingy with scans, though you don't want to overdo it, either. You can space out your scans eight fee apart in open areas, but more cluttered areas usually need closer scans.

Don't worry about this, you'll get the hang of it. Just be mindful of what works to get alignment, and also how to put the viewer in the places he/she will want to see.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well, I guess if I know how to actually look at the ENTIRE scan, I turns out I did 40. haha. Ok, more in line now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
You can always see the total number of scans at the upper left of the mini map. The number has a green dot next to it. (The dot turns yellow if you get up to 200 scans.)
Post 8 IP   flag post
101436 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?