Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingReality Capture ExpertSPAR3D18

Are you a Reality Capture Photographer? Creating Digital Twins?7267

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

While we all may be Matterport Service Providers (MSP), we may need a description that is inclusive of other cameras and platforms that we use.

I am suggesting the letters, RCP that stand for either:

✓ Reality Capture Photographer
✓ Reality Capture Pro
✓ Reality Capture Professional
✓ Reality Capture service Provider

You might even use the initials after your name or like this:

Dan Smigrod
Reality Capture Photographer

One of things that I noticed at the 2018 SPAR3D Expo & Conference (5-7 June 2018) in Anaheim, CA was the frequent use of these terms to describe what we do:

✓ Reality Capture
✓ Digital Twin

One company even included in its tag line: "Capture Reality" ( which I ).

It took me a while to appreciate that we all create a Digital Twin of the spaces that we are scanning with Matterport.

Given that these are terms that people in the AEC space use and are comfortable with, I thought I would play with the phrases. Digital Twin Photographer (DTP) didn't work for me at all.

While some would say scanning is not photography, I believe it is important to give people a familiar term that easily and quickly conveys what we do. I think of scanning as a different form of photography. And, I like Reality Capture Photographer better than Reality Capture Service Provider.

Knowing that in the AEC space, they use the terms "Reality Capture" and "Digital Twin" frequently, what are your thoughts on what you should be called knowing that Matterport may only be one of the services that you offer for reality capture to create a digital twin.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Link: 2018 SPAR3D Expo & Conference
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Reality Capture Professional offering Reality Capture Scanning and Photography???
Post 2 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
"What I do" has always been a stumbling block in my elevator pitch. "Reality Capture Pro/Photographer" sounds great.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
Haha...way back in the '80s in the pre-digital days of shooting as a photographer for the local MLS here, I'd somewhat jokingly tell my cohorts that we weren't just photographer's, we were Reality Capture Agents...!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Reality Capture Expert
Post 5 IP   flag post
RedRock3D private msg quote post Address this user
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?