Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 1,001 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,924 Page Views | 18,799 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CamerasGearHDR Photography

Entry Level SLR Camera Recommendations?7243

leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I am getting a lot of requests for HDR photography. With that said, can anyone recommend an entry level SLR camera and lens that isn't going to break the bank?

My top pick is the Nikon D3400 and Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5G ED Zoom Lens with Auto Focus.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
GH4 with Panasonics 16mm wide angle. The best value all around. You dont need anymore than that. Both of my photographers shoot with them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
I own a Nikon D7000 and my wife has both a D5200 and a D7500. I can suggest the Nikon D7200 or D7500 with a wide angle lens as a nice choice for the work. 7000-series is a "pro-sumer" camera vs. the "consumer" D3200 or D5200. They provide a better final image and more useful features.

You can buy a D7500 body for about $1,300 or less new; a D7200 body will be about $1,000 new. Both provide great photos and can do bracketing for HDR without an external interface.

For lenses, you can select Nikor lenses or Tamron... both offer good quality.
Post 3 IP   flag post
leeverdon private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for your suggestions. If I'm going to go over the $1k mark (body only) then it would make sense to go with the Panasonic GH5. Great for video and stills, it can shoot HDR images using the bracket feature. Lots to consider.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101720 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?