Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseGoogle Street ViewGSVOutdoorsScans

GSV successful post of outdoor scan7190

tocha private msg quote post Address this user
Thought I would share my successful post to GSV of a cemetery I did last September. I didn't have a car so I walked about 1.5 miles and arrived at o dark thirty to make sure I could get it in before the sun it hard. I was actually able to scan it twice prior to sunrise and I tried to choose the best spots to show.

Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
I did a very tricky scan last week with a large exterior area between 2 buildings. Since it was a B&B I couldn't do it all in one go, I had to go back on different days, oh, and cars kept moving, that's what really complicated matters!

My recommendations for exterior scanning are to either go in the evening as you did, or if a low light day, check the UV index that day as even cloudy days can have a high UV index. I managed to get a really nice day with slight cloud cover, but with a low UV index to work well too!

Weather Network UV Index

My Matterport Pro Camera worked well in UV index 3-4 according to this scale.

Scan: scan here

It uploaded well to GSV too!
Post 2 IP   flag post
geemaps private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for sharing, I did not know or thought you could get the parameters of the UV and evaluate whether it's a good day to scan.
Yossi
Post 3 IP   flag post
It could be coincidence, but as I understand it, it is the UV light that affects the ability of the camera's lasers to identify the surroundings.

One cloudy day I went out to the location and the camera refused to recognize anything, I looked up the UV rating and even with cloud cover it was high, the next day I went out, same time of day and the cloud cover was comparable, but much less UV and the camera scanned beautifully!

Does anyone have any other input?
Post 4 IP   flag post
After several attempts to scan outside houses. We succeeded in a few cases and decided to leave behind these possibilities because we could not estimate when it could work.
An example of one of our few successes in scanning outside.

Post 5 IP   flag post
wow, that came out beautifully!! what time of day was that scan? I see blue sky!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks... It was a few hours before sunset, the whole garden was covered by the building next to. And no sun rays touched the photographed area
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?