Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceCeilingsFloor PlansHVACProblems

Ceiling Problems7094

samgaetz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone!

I've recently started scanning some more industrial spaces and am hating how the HVAC units on the ceiling show up in the dollhouse and floor plan mode. They're so distracting and ugly! Is there a way around this? My clients want to use the floor plans and can't because they're all muddled with HVAC units...

Let me know!

Sam
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@samgaetz

Congrats on getting clients in industrial spaces ...

Would disabling dollhouse view be helpful?

Would ordering 2D or 3D floor plans be helpful?

What's the end use case by the Client?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
@samgaetz

I would like to recommend that you work with Petra and her team at Blue-Sketch to get floorplans. I did a scan of a flour mill that has all sorts of piping and machinery all over from floor to ceiling. It was horribly cluttered in the "floor plan" view.

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=qXzykmSpMUn
clickable text

Petra and her team created wonderful floor plans from the information and additional imput from me.

I suggest -- strongly - you give Blue-Sketch a try on this one.
Post 3 IP   flag post
samgaetz private msg quote post Address this user
I use Petra for all of my floor plan needs! Unfortunately, they're looking for a way for it to be uncluttered in the actual tour...is that possible at all??
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@samgaetz

Yes. With other platforms that let you import a floor plan (from Blue-Sketch, for example).

iStsging is an example of platforms that allow importing YOUR floor plan view.

I could imagine that this enhancement to Matterport is on their technology roadmap.

I could imagine a 3rd Party Service will fill the gap with a digital overlay.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I get this problem on convention spaces where the rafters and AC units are in the dollhouse.

This also makes the dollhouse larger and difficult to zoom in any closer onto the convention floor. This is due to the mesh assuming the roof and floor are all on the same floor and zooming into halts at a point vs a single story home.

I have heard of people calling into customer service to have the roof pieces removed, but never saw an end result with those pieces actually taken away.

Has anyone accomplished this removal by call in?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Property3dNZ private msg quote post Address this user
@samgaetz

Hi Sam

This is something I have been bringing up with MP for at least 3 years! I'm presuming that its just not top priority. They call it "space junk" and in the early days (at least 3 years ago) they were talking about giving us the ability to trim as we are able to with the sides of our models. I still mention it in the surveys they occasionally send out but I guess not enough people are asking for it so it has been bumped to the bottom of the pile of requests.

Have a great day!

Marcia
Post 7 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
With the integration with the BLK360, there is more interest in tools like this and an acceleration in feature development within Workshop. Stay tuned.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101602 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?