Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
GSV18

GSV18: 4 Breakout Sessions Descriptions7056

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Hi All,

I am looking forward to attending the 2018 Google Street View Summit at two Google locations (in San Francisco and Mountain View (Wednesday, 30 May and Thursday, 31 May).

Unlike the 2017 Google Street View Summit in Tokyo, Google will have 4 break-out sessions that will include attendee participation. We were asked to select 4 of the 6 and in the order of preference. Descriptions above (and my selections). Wish we could do all six!

More than a dozen WGAN Forum Members will Meetup Tuesday night for dinner. It will be fun visiting - in person!

Do you live in San Francisco? Join us at the WGAN Forum Meetup! RSVP here please (so I can email you the restaurant info. It will be a casual restaurant within walking distance of the conference hotel (Hyatt Regency) and moderately priced.

All WGAN discussions about the 2018 Google Street View Summit are/will be tagged: GSV18

Best,

Dan

P.S. WGAN-TV will live stream the 2018 Google Street View Summit. To get notified when we go live, please subscribe to the WGAN-TV YouTube Channel and make the notification bell ring.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Buffalo, NY
iTours360VR private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan,

Glad to hear you'll be attending and reporting back from this year's Google Street View Summit in a couple weeks!

I know it doesn't look like you'll be attending the Tech focus Q&A with Google session, but it would be great if you could follow-up with someone from Google who will be a part of it, to find some answers to the "Wondering about ranking?" question in their session description. If you could gain any insight into how much impact a Google Maps virtual tour has on a businesses Google ranking and/or organic SEO -- that would be a HUGE find!

A solid stat (from Google) on the direct impact a virtual tour has on a businesses Google ranking or SEO would open many more virtual tour doors for those companies looking for a hard stat to justify their spend or give them a sense of their potential ROI.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks,

Peter
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTours360VR
"Wondering about ranking?" question in their session description. If you could gain any insight into how much impact a Google Maps virtual tour has on a businesses Google ranking and/or organic SEO -- that would be a HUGE find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTours360VR
A solid stat (from Google) on the direct impact a virtual tour has on a businesses Google ranking or SEO would open many more virtual tour doors for those companies looking for a hard stat to justify their spend or give them a sense of their potential ROI.

Excellent questions. I made a note to ask ...

Other questions to ask at the GSV Summit?

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Maxdemartino private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Dan, the question Peter asked about stats of impact that 3D/360 has on the sales/visit for the stores are very important to me too, and also if they have numbers about virtual tours in the Vacation Rental world...
Thanks a lot!
max
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Ranking in the context of Street View, means where does your image appear and in what order with the other images. i.e. you shoot a beautiful virtual tour, but then some kid with a Theta trespassed on your client’s private property and takes and publishes a 360, and this is the first image that people see - not the expensive virtual tour that the client paid for.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@iTours360VR

I ask one of your questions to the panel.

About SEO of a Virtual Tour inside a business, the SEO for the business ranking/organic search, "it depends on the business" ... referred about to previous research that photos and video helps business in SEO and organic search.

Not the answer you are looking for, but I did ask ...

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
The higher the Local Guide level, it is a factor in moving up in search. The answer is no direct impact, but it is a factor.

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Question about migration. "Done" but stuff has fallen through the cracks. Trying to fix the edge cases.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Buffalo, NY
iTours360VR private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@iTours360VR

I ask one of your questions to the panel.

About SEO of a Virtual Tour inside a business, the SEO for the business ranking/organic search, "it depends on the business" ... referred about to previous research that photos and video helps business in SEO and organic search.

Not the answer you are looking for, but I did ask ...

Dan

Thanks for asking Dan! I understand the "depends on the business" response they gave. I just think if Google really wanted to capture more Google Street View spaces, it would make sense for them to communicate their own compelling statistics that reinforce the marketing benefits of doing so. Businesses today want metrics and a way to relate to the value and return on their investment. It would be nice if they automatically placed the 360 photos/tour at the top of a Google Maps Listing - which have become yesterday's Yellow Pages on steroids. Please relay these suggestions to a Google Maps product manager at the Summit if you are able.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101640 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?