Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 473 Unique Visitors
9,024 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 40,828 Page Views | 20,383 Unique Visitors | 46 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
iStagingVersus

iStaging Versus Matterport7025

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Example: iStaging Virtual Tour | Tour courtesy of iStaging

Hi All,

I could imagine that many of the 11,000+ monthly Visitors to the We Get Around Network Forum are real estate agents, brokers and real estate photographers researching Matterport versus [competitor].

While Matterport purists will argue that no one comes close to Matterport in terms of dollhouse and the (immersive) walking around experience, for many, iStaging tour building, hosting, viewing and sharing platform will be an attractive alternative, in part, because "iStaging is only 1/7th of the cost of Matterport to capture and host 50 tours for one year," says the iStaging website. [My math: Matterport Pro2 Camera ($3,995) + 12 Months Matterport Hosting Pre-paid ($999) = $4,994 versus iStaging pre-paid Ultra hosting for 12 months ($499) + Ricoh Theta V 360º Camera ($397) = $1,695. That's $5,000 versus $1,700 or iStaging is about 3 times less. If you use an iStaging VR Maker rotator and 720º lens (included, free) instead of a Ricoh Theta V, that's Matterport Camera and Hosting at $5,000 versus iStaging $500 or 1/10th the cost going with iStaging.] For both scenarios, check out this calculator for extras that you will likely need. (I excluded Matterport processing charges.)

Here are some of my initial impressions:

Save $$$$$ on Camera – use any 360º camera [$100-$500 for iStaging versus $2,495-$3,995 for Matterport)
Save $$$$$ on (Initial) Hosting Plan ($0 to $29 for iStaging versus $49 monthly for Matterport)
Save $$$$$ on Processing ($0 for iStaging versus $19 for Matterport)
Easier Learning Curve for viewers: (no help menu neeed for iStaging versus Matterport)
Faster Capture of 360ºs (few locations to place the camera)
No big upfront commitment to camera and gear

For Matterport Pros, I could also imagine adding iStaging paired with WP3D Models Wordpress Plugin for an outside of the property tour (shot with any 360º Camera, including Matterport 360º Views). Plus, for advanced Pros, if you are already shooting 360ºs with a DSLR camera, iStaging works great with your existing equirectangular jpgs.

Plus, iStaging has some fun bells and whistles:

✓ preview next 360º view
✓ Highlights Reel similar to Matterport
✓ Floor Plan View insert that shows camera orientation
✓ Pop-up Map within the 3D Tour
✓ Select which social media: Facebook, Google+, Linkedin, Twitter, Email and QR Code
✓ [Your] Nadir patch (to cover the tripod)
✓ Zoom-in
✓ Shooting outdoors is easier and faster with iStaging
✓ Background music
✓ Optional: powered by iStaging (or leave off)
✓ Color Schemes (choices)
✓ Hotspots to connect 360º photos (panoramas)
✓ Use same 360ºs in multiple LiveTour virtual tours (helpful for same community spaces)
✓ Upload own design for navigation markers
✓ Tags/Memos (works like Matterport MatterTags) – video, website, text
✓ Set default view of 360º photos
✓ Free 360º Smartphone Rotator and 720º lens with
✓ iStaging Ultra Subscription Plan | Pairs with iStaging Smartphone App

iStaging has strategic alliances with:

✓ Archilogic - great for creating a furnished 3D model of an apartment (that is shot unfurnished)
✓ 3D Models of objects (sofa)
✓ 3D Floor Plans

Example iStaging Virtual Tour by We Get Around

I plan to use theVRkit to shoot my hotel room with my iPhone 8 Plus while attending the 2018 Google Street View Summit in San Francisco (30-31 May 2018). I will create a Virtual Tour with iStaging and share it in the We Get Around Network Forum.

360 Photo Examples to Create iStaging Examples

If you would like to play with iStaging to see if it is a good fit for you, WGAN Forum Members (free) get the free use of 360º photo spheres of a beach house and hotel room suite to test out services like iStaging, Private Message me - @DanSmigrod - for an invite to a Dropbox. Please include in the subject line: Beach House/Hotel Room

Do you want the We Get Around nadir logo patch to play with too? Or, how to get a free logo patch.

Want to learn more, iStaging VP/Global Marketing, Kevin Basset, will be my guest on WGAN-TV Live - at a special time 8 pm ET (GMT -4) on Tuesday, 19 June 2018. Kevin will demo and discuss iStaging.

iStaging Monthly Subscription Options [No Processing Fees)

Basic - $0 monthly up to 3 virtual tours hosted
Ultra - $29 monthly - up to 15 virtual tours hosted
Ultimate - $69 monthly - up to 50 virtual tours hosted
Enterprise - custom pricing

Special Offer for WGAN Forum Members

✓ 10% off any iStaging subscription Plan – forever
✓ For the iStaging Promo Code Request Form, please see the WGAN Forum Welcome Letter (as of 15 May 2018)
✓ Or, Private Message me and include in the subject line: Save 10% on any iStaging Subscription Plan"

Special Offer for WGAN Standard and Premium Members

✓ free use of – first four months of of iStaging Ultra (using your 360º Camera)
✓ Offer does not include a rotator or smartphone lens
✓ Use your own 1-click 360º camera (or other 360º Capture Solution)
✓ This special offer is designed to give you time to decide if iStaging is right for you.
✓ Credit Card required at sign-up. Cancel at anytime.
✓ Please complete the We Get Around iStaging Ultra Promo Code Request Form in the Welcome Onboard Letter

Video: iStaging VR Maker Smartphone Rotator: Create 360º Virtual Tours with Your Smartphone | iStaging VR Maker turns your smartphone into a powerful VR camera, which allows you to easily create 360° VR tours of any space. See how you can simply capture, create and share it in 30 seconds! | Video Courtesy of iStaging YouTube Channel [Tip: You can also use theVRkit with the iStaging app | Use any 360º 1-click 360º Camera | Compare 360º Cameras

Video: Introduction to the iStaging VR Editor | "Pro tip: We support spherical equirectangular panoramas with a ratio of 2:1 (e.g. 8000x4000 pixels). We're working on supporting cubemap panoramas as well. Meanwhile, if you have cubemap panoramas, you can use this tool to convert them to equirectangular." | Video Courtesy of iStaging YouTube Channel
Post 1 IP   flag post
KevinBasset private msg quote post Address this user
Nice summary! And I'm here to help if you have any questions about iStaging.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@KevinBasset

Nice visiting with you at the 2018 Google Street View Summit in San Francisco.

Best,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
Helen private msg quote post Address this user
@KevinBasset One suggestion Kevin, in the example shown above the pop up window for the washroom is titled toilet. To me toilet is a pretty crappy word especially for a presentation. You should change it to bathroom or washroom or ensuite.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Helen Sure thing, we'll change that. Thanks for letting me know!
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

WGAN-TV: WGAN-TV-theVRkit Demo and Discussion: Creating 360ºs with your smartphone with Dermandar (theVRkit) Founder Elie-Grégoire Khoury

Hi All,

With iStaging, you can use any 360º 1-click camera or your smartphone, a rotator and fisheye lens.

You can buy a rotator directly from iStaging or theVRkit (same rotator, except branded iStaging).

In the WGAN-TV show above, I interview the founder of Dermandar (theVRkit) Elie-Grégoire Khoury about the rotator and fish-eye lens that you can buy here.

Questions?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
@KevinBasset @DanSmigrod

I tried iStaging and was pleasantly surprised. Very quick to put a tour together and the price is right.

I do however have a question.

In Dan’s post he lists the ability to use a nadir patch, and also that a highlight reel can be created.

I haven’t found these features, but maybe I’m looking in the wrong place?

Thanks,

- Colin
Post 7 IP   flag post
@CFster: You can add a nadir patch as follows (bullet point 2): https://help.istaging.com/en-us/article/12-adding-my-logo-in-my-livetour

As for the highlight reel, it should be visible by default, unless you use one of those URL variables: https://help.istaging.com/en-us/article/65-disable-specific-functions-with-url-variables
Post 8 IP   flag post
CFster private msg quote post Address this user
By highlight reel I thought it would be an automated walkthrough, like a YouTube video of someone clicking through the tour.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101274 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?