Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMatterport WorkshopTipsTrimming

Matterport Model Trimming Issue6942

Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All!

I thought I might be able to get this issue handled faster right here on the World's best MSP forum. (I know shameless brown-nosing). Here's the issue. I have a client who likes the model but, they want me to cut off the outside hall (Scan 6). The model is still on the iPad and I have put the "remove" line (as you can see) across the entrance. I have uploaded the model three times and it still has the offending hallway attached to the Dollhouse.

What am I missing? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
You will have to go back to your capture screen and delete the 6 scan (you will loose the information) so just in case copy it then delete number 6 and maybe the other one and reupload that.
Good luck
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
Trim deletes 3D data, not photo data. If you can see Scan 6 photo from scan 8, through glass or the like, it will still be there after deleting scan 6. The dollhouse would be clean though. Whee.
Post 3 IP   flag post
@DouglasMeyers, @HarlanHambright Thank you, gentlemen, for your excellent advice. I remove both #6 & #8 scans and Voila! a perfect Dollhouse. You just save me $19 and I owe you both a drink! Thanks again!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Networker
I thought I might be able to get this issue handled faster right here on the World's best MSP forum. (I know shameless brown-nosing

On bahalf of WGAN Forum Members in 109 countries, thank you for your kind note.

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod You know what I think Dan. We've spoken before. I think I misspoke when I said "the World's Best MSP Forum" The WGAN forum was a stroke of genius that started out as a Matterport forum and has morphed into something much, much better. Kudos to you. I am sure my feelings are echoed in 109 countries.
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Networker

That's super-kind (and much appreciated).

While we started out as the Matterport User Group Forum (MUG) in August 2014, we quickly realized that while we are Matterport centric, Matterport Service Providers - and those researching Matterport - were (and continue to be) interested in Matterport competitors to either:

βœ“ make a decision to buy Matterport faster
βœ“ make a decision to buy a different camera and/or platform
βœ“ know the competition

While we always covered other Cameras, platforms and service providers, we formalized it by changing the MUG name to the We Get Around Network Forum on 1 September 2016 to be inclusive of all 360ΒΊ-3D-VR Cameras, platforms and Services with a real estate centric focus.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
101599 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?