Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
MarketingSalesStatistics

Matterport Statistics6894

sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I just received a call from a realtor who is just trying out Matterport. After a successful first scan, they want to quantify future use of Matterport with statistics. What I'm hearing is "if we can't prove that Matterport 3D tours are being viewed, then why use it?" I can't argue with that.

I know this has been addressed before, but that was some time ago. Is anyone out there using the stats provided by Matterport? If you are, is this making a difference with your client(s)? And which stat are you using? The "Unique Visitors" seems like the most likely one to track. Downloading this on a weekly basis would allow you to derive a weekly total by doing some simple math.

Trying to be the good salesperson, I did mention that one 3D tour does not prove the point either way. I suggested at least a couple more venues should be done, then track the stats on each one.

Finally, it would be useful if the realtor could just ask the simple question "did you find the Matterport 3D tour useful in your buying decision" after the sale. Are there any realtors out there doing this?

Thanks for your help.

Scott
Post 1 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
@sbl110,

Here you go...

From this link:
clickable text

From Bill Brown ( CEO - Matterport )

Quote: " To end on a positive note, I really want to drive home the point that adoption of Matterport technology is growing at an accelerating rate. As a point of reference, in 2017, 4.5% of real estate listings in the US featured Matterport, more than double where we were in 2016. That also means for US customers, 95.5% of the real estate market remains available, and Matterport is committed to working to help you successfully win the rest of this market.

So... you can say, from 2016 to 2017, Listings in the United States MORE THAN DOUBLED from 2016.
Post 2 IP   flag post
isabel private msg quote post Address this user
One possible thing to point out to the realtor is, in a November/December 2017 survey, 35% of home buyers said they made an offer without seeing the house. This is up from 19% in 2016. Consumers are becoming increasingly willing to make decisions based on information they find online, so it makes sense for every realtor to enable such decisions.

https://www.redfin.com/blog/2018/02/sight-unseen-in-2017.html

Also importantly, the realtor has full control over whether his listing's Matterport scan gets any views:

1. Has he shared it on Facebook? Has his brokerage firm?
2. Has he emailed the link to all of his contacts?
3. Has he encouraged the sellers to send it to all of their contacts?
4. Is he embedding it on his website?
5. Is he bringing iPads and VR Goggles to open houses so that visitors can see it?
6. Is he including a link to the scan on his flyers and brochures?

Why would he want to do all this? To make himself look good. To show as many people as possible that he has a fabulous listing, and is working hard to promote it. Once the sale closes, he should be sending out the scan again, to remind people of what a great house he's sold.

The value of a scan comes not from the views it gets on the MLS. Instead, it's a self-promotional tool that's worth as much as the realtor wants to get out of it.

Last but not least, if you want detailed stats on your scans, you could set up Google Analytics using @metroplex360's MP Embed! You could also add the agent's logo and photo.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
New York City
3dVuz private msg quote post Address this user
You’re missing the point.

I’m a real estate broker and Matterport photographer. The entire value proposition for a realtor to use Matterport’s to get more listings. From my perspective as a broker for 30 years in Brooklyn New York, the only thing I want, is to impress potential listings and homeowners to list with me when they’re selling their house. Tell this realtor that if he does it use you his competition will be using it. Most houses will sell themselves, with or without photographed the plan is 3-D tours, etc. I can go on all night on this topic

Also, put the onus on the realtor to improve and increase the amount of views. If the realtor does not promote the virtual tour, no one will see it. It’s up to him to share and drive traffic to his listing not yours, unless he is specifically paying you for that job
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @3dVuz
You’re missing the point.

I’m a real estate broker and Matterport photographer. The entire value proposition for a realtor to use Matterport’s to get more listings. From my perspective as a broker for 30 years in Brooklyn New York, the only thing I want, is to impress potential listings and homeowners to list with me when they’re selling their house. Tell this realtor that if he does it use you his competition will be using it. Most houses will sell themselves, with or without photographed the plan is 3-D tours, etc. I can go on all night on this topic

Like he said!

Win more and bigger premium listings more often.

Best,

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@3dVuz has it exactly right.

Tell the REALTOR the value proposition is winning more listings by using Matterport. If you position it right, then it will not be perceived as a listing cost, but rather it will be an investment to get more listings.

As far as viewing statistics, that will depend on the agent and the visibility they give it (e.g., are they putting it on Facebook and boosting the post? Do they mention in the listing comments that there's a 3D tour and instruct people how to view it?)
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Queen_City_3D
@3dVuz has it exactly right.

Tell the REALTOR the value proposition is winning more listings by using Matterport. If you position it right, then it will not be perceived as a listing cost, but rather it will be an investment to get more listings.

Like he said.

The conversation must be about helping the agent:

✓ get more listing presentations
✓ win more listings
✓ win bigger premium listings
✓ Win more and bigger premium listings more often

And, look for stories that you can tell. People remind stories: not statistics.

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@sbl110

Here are WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Statistics

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101635 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?