Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicebugCapture AppProblemsUrgent

Urgent: Matterport Capture App Crashing!6843

Networker private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All,

It's been a while. Can someone help me on this issue? I am using the Matterport Capture App verison 2.4.2 (653.18708) recently downloaded onto a Mini-iPad with 64 GB. The app is crashing almost 1 out of three scans. There is PLENTY of available memory. I am constantly having to hard reboot the iPad just to get a couple more scans in before crashing. Super irritatiing! Has anyone been experiencing the same issue? Please respond ASAP as we are in the middle of a large scanning job.

Thanks so much.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Networker

Try Rebooting both the Matterport Camera and iPad.

If that does not work, here is the WGAN Forum Emergency Check List:

Emergency Check List: Matterport Capture App

I hope the above helps ...

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
We have a had this happen recently numerous times on different cameras during the aligning phase of the capture. The best explanation was a corrupted scan. We deleted scans until we found one that would allow us to connect to the previous scan, and then it worked.

There are other reason, space on your ipad, rebooting, but deleting a couple of scans seems to handle most of our problems.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rko1
We have a had this happen recently numerous times on different cameras during the aligning phase of the capture. The best explanation was a corrupted scan. We deleted scans until we found one that would allow us to connect to the previous scan, and then it worked.

There are other reason, space on your ipad, rebooting, but deleting a couple of scans seems to handle most of our problems.

Excellent. I would add: duplicate the model before starting the process to delete scans

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
Absolutely, forgot that, thanks Dan.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Networker private msg quote post Address this user
@rko1, @DanSmigrod WOW! Thanks. The checklist will come in handy. Also, I did not either reboot the camera nor did I erase a few scans. Is it just me or, should Matterport be working diligently for these types of issues, not to be happening?
Post 6 IP   flag post
101428 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?