Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dear MatterportMaintenance

For Future Cloud Maintenance...6812

Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Dear Matterport,

I understand that maintenance is occasionally required and that web services will occasionally be unavailable when that happens. What I don't understand is why you can't ask your developers/engineers/whatever to do that work in the middle of the night instead of from 7-10pm.

I don't know about others, but that's the time period I am logged into Workshop most often, to do the back end work on the scans done that day. After all, properties get scanned, then they need to be uploaded and processed, and it's typically during those hours that they're available to be worked on... except for tonight, of course!

Now I have 3 models that I've got to build complete highlight reels for tomorrow morning before starting the day with anything else.

Next time could you PLEASE do an 11pm - 2am or something like that?!?

Thank you for your consideration.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Basic
Seattle
kjoman private msg quote post Address this user
I totally agree - am also waiting on a model for a listing that goes live tomorrow morning. Not happy with the timing. Seems odd that's what Matterport decided to do.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I just had my capture app keep crashing every time I opened it up. I finally had the chance to upload and everything sat at 0%. I then saw the maintenance status.
I agree about the timing, especially since a ton of the users are on this time zone and trying to do work right now
Post 3 IP   flag post
Ghagendorf private msg quote post Address this user
I agree. And also Matterport, I tried to download 2D pictures the other day and after 24 hours I had no photos. Then I found out that you were 'closed' for maintenance. If that is the case, why don't you let me know instead of saying that I will receive a zip file as soon as they are done? And oh by the way, I haven't received my zip file - requested download twice - neither one has arrived.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Ghagendorf I also ordered snapshots yesterday and they weren't showing up right away, and so I went to https://tools.wp3dmodels.com/zip/ and had no problem getting them. You can message @DanSmigrod for the code to use that free tool.
Post 5 IP   flag post
sbl110 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

While I'm not advocating Matterport's untimely maintenance schedule, as a former IT guy, I understand the need to perform necessary updates that can't be done live.

Because Matterport is world-wide, technically there is no good time to bring servers down for routine maintenance. If you do it at midnight here in the states (central time for example), it's 3pm in Sydney Australia. My point is that someone somewhere will be inconvenienced.

It's a catch-22, if you don't do the maintenance, that may lead to an interruption in service that could be much longer than a routine maintenance window.

Perhaps better notification will allow us to either plan for the inevitable, or at least know it's coming so we can stock up on aspirin.

Scott
Post 6 IP   flag post
@sbl110 I get your point, but you have to think, where is there main consumer base? I'd wager it's got to be 80% sales in North America.

I regularly get notifications of web services I work with temporarily shutting down for maintenance, but almost invariably the time they do that is 11 pm - 3 am or thereabouts. I can't recall another web service site recently shutting down during "prime time" hours.
Post 7 IP   flag post
As a follow up to this discussion, I received a maintenance notice today for a web-based program I often use:

Note that the maintenance isn't during prime hours!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101426 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?