Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DeletingDollhouse ViewFloor PlansHide ScansReProcessingTips

Dollhouse/Floor Plan Deleted Scan Question6733

Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
I have uploaded and processed a model. If I delete scans now will that part of the dollhouse/floor plan disappear?
Post 1 IP   flag post
DouglasMeyers private msg quote post Address this user
Yes and yes...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Thats what I figured. Thanks @DouglasMeyers !
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Richierichks

For clarification:

If you delete a scan in your model - and reprocess - the deleted scan will NOT be part of the model.

If you hide a scan - and reprocess - the scan WILL be used to construct the dollhouse, but the viewer will NOT able to "walk" to that scan.

Over scanning a space + hiding scans = great way to improve the quality of the dollhouse view and keeping the model "walkable"

Best,

Dan

P.S. Matterport does NOT charge for reprocessing models.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Blue-Sketch
Founder
New Orleans, LA
PetraSoderling private msg quote post Address this user
Also if you plan to order schematic floor plans either from Matterport or another provider it always helps to scan closets open and go into spaces that you otherwise would not go. The person creating your schematic floor plan will appreciate the additional information, you can then hide those scans later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Thanks @DanSmigrod

This is an extremely large model(325 scans)and I was trying to cut scans out, but I need them for the dollhouse and floor plan.

I'm having a problem with viewing it in a regular browser page. It shows the model is not available. I can view it just fine on my laptop in fullscreen on Matterport Cloud which I thought would rely on WebGL just like an embed in my website. Is that not the case?

Thanks @PetraSoderling

Good to know. I never think about scanning closets for the floor plan. I don't do much residential so I don't do a lot of floor plans, but I will keep that in mind for sure!
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Richierichks
This is an extremely large model(325 scans)and I was trying to cut scans out, but I need them for the dollhouse and floor plan.

I'm having a problem with viewing it in a regular browser page. It shows the model is not available. I can view it just fine on my laptop in fullscreen on Matterport Cloud which I thought would rely on WebGL just like an embed in my website. Is that not the case?

Ah! Catch 22.

Best practice: always duplicate your model before deleting scans from a copy.

It's likely that you need to delete scans to get the model closer to 200 scans. The Matterport models are displayed in webGL. When you have more than 200 scans, the model may crash or not be displayed.

If you delete scans, they will not be used to construct the dollhouse. Only active - and hidden scans - count toward dollhouse view.

As long as the model processed, you will be able to order 2D Floor Plans from Matterport, Blue-Sketch, MP2FP, etc. For clarification, you may have two models: one for getting the floor plans and one for displaying on the web.

About why you can see the model within Matterport Cloud (Workshop), but not in a browser, I'd like to know the answer to that mystery.

Please let us know what Matterport Support says about all this. ...

Best,

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@DanSmigrod

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I really hoped to be able to keep all of the areas on the dollhouse and floor plan view but might not be able to. The space is 17,000 square foot and I really need the scans to make it work.

This place was a bit of a nightmare because there are mirrors everywhere! There are 83 scans that didn't align on top of the 325. That shouldn't matter should it?

You said you know of models that have been done with 400? I wonder how that worked?

I'll let you know how it turns out.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Richierichks

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Richierichks
This place was a bit of a nightmare because there are mirrors everywhere! There are 83 scans that didn't align on top of the 325. That shouldn't matter should it?

If by 83 scans that did not align means that they did NOT show up on your iPad, that's not the issue. Sometimes scans DO show up that ARE miss-aligned. (Best Practice: make sure scans show up where you expect them to show up.)

WGAN Forum discussions tagged: large

Can you post - or PM me - the model and I will see if I can open the 350 scan model on my iMac and MacBoook Pro?

Best,

Dan
Post 9 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
@DanSmigrod

Problem solved.....I'm dumb! Somehow when I copy/pasted the link it got messed up. I think I freaked myself out thinking that it was the scan count so my troubleshooting skills went out the window!

It works now. I'm gonna post it because it is a pretty neat space.

Thanks as always for your prompt help!
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Richierichks

Even though the 350 scans is now viewable, it is still at risk of crashing in webGL.

Yes. Might be nice to post here to see if anyone experiences it crashing.

Best,

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
101429 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?