Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseDollhouse ViewHigh Ceilings

Matterport Dollhouse and Really high ceiling6721

jhonsmith3d private msg quote post Address this user
Hello All!

I have a partner who would like to have a really nice dollhouse view of his place but my only concern is that the ceiling height is ~25-30m. I have no access to get closer to the ceiling. I mean there are no multiple floors and the heighest I can get with my camera is ~5m. Any ideas and experiences are appreciated, thank you!

PS.: I had a weird idea - I have a Manfrotto MT055CXPRO3 that you can turn horizontally. What if I scan horizontally to hopefully reach the ceiling? Could this work only for the sake of a nice dollhouse?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@jhonsmith3d

Welcome to the WGAN Forum. Hungry, if I recognize the flag.

Matterport recommends this tripod (Manfrotto 028B / up to 89 inches (226 centimeters or 2.26 meters) when you need some extra dollhouse height. I do not recommend turning the camera horizontally. I am not an engineer, but I could imagine the torque/weight will not be a good thing for your investment.

Here are three high ceiling examples I shot. See if this info helps.

I shot and normal height AND set the camera to the highest position on the tripod. By extending the camera height, I WAS able to get the double high ceiling in the entrance. I hide the high scans in workshop. For clarification, hiding the scans means I can not "walk" to that spot, BUT they still COUNT to create the dollhouse view.

Normal Matterport Camera Height

Normal Matterport Camera Height

Other WGAN Forum Members likely have thoughts on this topic.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
101428 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?