Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
RebrandlyTipsURL Shortener

Free URL Shortener Tool: Your Brand6712

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Video: What is Rebrandly | Video courtesy of Rebrandly

---

Hi All,

Rebrandly looks like a great, free URL Shortener that includes your brand. I read about it today (4 April 2018) here ...

Rebrandly - Best for creating branded links

"While Rebrandly is a URL shortener much like any other, its angle is slightly different. Rebrandly believes that brands, whether it's a product or a person, get value out of customizing links to content that references them from all over the web. For example, Bob Vila could customize the link to his Wikipedia entry from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Vila to BobVila.Tools/wikipedia," writes Zapier Staff Writer Jill Duffy.

"A link to one of his books on Amazon could be BobVila.Tools/amazon-book. Vila can use these links on his own site, business cards, or in advertisements. Rebrandly includes tools for tracking the popularity of each link, too. A free account includes 1,000 links on one custom domain. Paid plans start at $19/month. [pricing] Zapier supports Rebrandly, so you can integrate it with other apps with ease."

Source: Zapier

Zapier (4 April 2018)- The 5 Best Alternatives to Google URL Shortener (URL shortening service goo.gl is being discontinued. Here are five alternatives.)

How might you use Rebrandly?

Best,

Dan

P.S. Got an unrelated tip? Please create a new discussion for it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Google make me so sad sometimes. They sunset some of my favorite things ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Discontinued_Google_services

iGoogle Homepage - Was my start page for the web!
(I now use Taskade as a task-mastering on each new tab experience .. still liked iGoogle)

Google Reader - Was how I digested the web!
(Feedly is my new viewer and I don't like it as much)

Google Glasses
(I saw huge potential here)

Google Business View Editor
(I like GoThru, but I liked Google's photogrammetry and their alignment tools)

Project Tango
(Not sure that I cared too much)

Meebo
(Hah! Forgot about this one!) -- this was an amazing web based multi-protocol chat platform that worked EXTREMELY well. Google basically acquired the talent and threw it away on G+.

Sparrow - Arguably the best desktop e-mail client ever. Bought it, discontinued it, killed it, wasted it. I use MailBird now... which is pretty similar.

I think maybe QuickOffice was the only successful acquisition/cannibalization as it advanced Google's Docs / Sheets / Apps platform.

---

My absolute favorite acquistion of all time was probably when Aol purchased Netscape.

Netscape developed Javascript and SSL and pretty much created standards on the net. Before the changeover happened, they open sourced their browser that still lives on today as 'Firefox' and it's distant cousin 'Thunderbird'. Netscape was stripped of any value and the brand was passed around until it became the name of a discount ISP.

Funny fact, I was a huge fan of Ben Goodger's and Google nabbed him from Mozilla to make Chrome -- so you could say that Chrome too was a byproduct of Netscape.

https://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/2005/01/4549-2/
Post 2 IP   flag post
101436 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?