Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Lock BoxSafety

Atlanta Home Owner Shoots Photographer6637

immersiveprop private msg quote post Address this user
A home owner shot a real estate photographer in Atlanta upon entry into the home. It got me thinking about safety when going to the homes.

1. We ALWAYS knock/ring the door bell, especially if the home is occupied.
2. We verify several times with the Agent for the date and time and ask if the home owner will be home or not.

What are some things you guys do that would prevent this type of situation?

The link to the article is below:

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Premium
North Palm Beach, FL
hometakes private msg quote post Address this user
Simple one for me to answer.

We don't go to any home unless the Agent is there or they have notified us that they are coming. We never ever enter a home from a lockbox. We dont want anyone pointing the finger at us if something goes missing from the home.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Matt19 private msg quote post Address this user
One should always knock loudly. Once inside I announce my presence again, “hello anyone home?” One should also book an appointment with realtors not just show up. Hard to say if this guy had an appointment or if he was just hired to take photos with no specific date or time.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@immersiveprop

Thanks for sharing this article.

Hi All,

Quote:
Originally Posted by @immersiveprop
What are some things you guys do that would prevent this type of situation?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
Marc private msg quote post Address this user
One more time that I am so happy that I live in a country where gun laws reduce the likelihood of this happening. No, it's not a failsafe solution, but do the maths. Per capita shootings in Australia, Canada, UK or just about everywhere else.

Be safe folks... the only shooting we should ever hear about in this forum is shooting photos.
Post 5 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
I do verify locations, dates, times with agents. I don't begin shooting anything until I either access the property from a lockbox or meet the agent and/or owner. If I'm entering with a key or code I ring the bell and knock several times and announce myself when opening the door and listen for a reply.

I've had several encounters at properties that were incorrect (agent had provided the wrong numbers or street name) including two at gunpoint. Definitely a rude way to answer the door if you ask me.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101421 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?