Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Critique PleaseMy 1st Matterport 3D Tour ScanNewbies

My 1st Matterport 3D Tour: Critique Please6621

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @BrokerBruce
Ok here is a link to my very first one done last week. Open spaces with angled walls and lots of windows. Comments welcome.

Hi All,

Elevating this to its own discussion.

Please critique for @BrokerBruce

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Can share some ❤️ with @BrokerBob...

You learn a lot by critiquing others too.

Thanks,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Kansas City, KS
Richierichks private msg quote post Address this user
@BrokerBruce

Looks Good! Is that a Pro2 Lite?
Post 3 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, it is Richierichks. Thanks for the props!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrokerBruce --

Tips to make it better --

#1) You're missing a window marker in the master bedroom. This causes a hole to appear in the dollhouse and also affects all transitions that happen by the window as you'll see a strange shift happen in the hole.

^^ Look at the window as you navigate here. You can use the 'A' key on your keyboard to slide left and the 'D' key to slide right to more closely inspect this.

--

#2) You also missed part of the dollhouse in the room with the guitar (family room. Marking the window there may correct this, although I feel that you probably did mark it as the top section of the window is filled in.

#3) In the Master Bathroom, the mirror marker was not correctly positioned, which is causing the mirror to appear as a flat plane outside of the tour and also causing a chunk to appear behind the wall where the tub is. Be sure to zoom in and accurately mark the mirror.

As you may know, the mirror marker is the ONLY tool that affects the success of your on-site experience. It tells the camera to ignore refracted infrared light from the source. In post processing, it will fill in empty space with a false plane (a rectangle) with the photographic data mapped to it. The area is about 20cm behind where you put the marker - so err on the marker being inside of the model, not outside of the model.

Concerning Navigation -- you did well to create many viewpoints. I imagine that you have a lot of places to create snapshots from - which is excellent. You may choose to hide some of the scans in Workshop as some are redundant.

--

#4) In the bathroom, you caught the Matterport in the mirror. Disable that scan. Sometimes, the Matterport will appear in the 3D Mesh / Dollhouse even when you disabled the scan. It's because the dollhouse is built from the data at the time of processing. You may choose to remove that scan after you get past it in a bathroom -- or as I do, lower the tripod so that the middle row of cameras cannot look directly at the mirror. There's nothing worse than seeing the camera

--

Otherwise, everything else looks pretty great!
Post 5 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Metroplex 360 - Thanks for taking the time to review my first scan.I had actually resopnded to your critique early yesterday but I got called away from the computer and didn't realize I hadn't sent it yet.I didn't notice the things you pointed out, probably because I didn't know what I didn't know. Love the tip of lowering the camera to below the level of the mirror & center lens. I saw in a tutorial somewhere to keep the camera at the same height the whole time. So now I know of an exception to that rule. Overall comments were very helpful and much appreciated. This was a listing of mine that was already under contract and not closed yet so it was a good practice property. It wasn't ever posted to the MLS and actually wasn't even shown to the out of town owner. I did use it in a boosted facebook post to announce I would be offering the service on ALL my listings in an effort to better fill my pipeline.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@BrokerBruce glad I could help! And yes, changing height is fine when needed!
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Metroplex360

Great critique.

I could imagine many of us will find this helpful.

Best,

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
101636 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?