Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Advice

Continuation of a scan6601

Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
I have completed a scan of a guest house, as yet not uploaded. I scanned the ground and 1st floors. The owner would like the private area of the guest house done which is adjoining to the guest house by a ground floor passage/doorway. Im assuming you may continue on the original scan but will i encounter issues ie like going up to another 1st floor?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
You can certainly adjoin the spaces as long as you have scanned a path from one area to another the whole way where the camera recognizes itself in space.

Having said that... one thing I haven't heard anyone try, and I'm curious if it work is this:

What would happen if you scan a path of connectivity from one area to another and then use trim lines to cut out the connective path? I'm wondering if it would then have the 2 areas with black in between, or if that would cause the model to fail.

Anyone try this?
Post 2 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
It only ignores 3d data. The photo stuff remains. How would you navigate between however without the link in showcase?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
If it worked where you had the 2 scanned locations as separate “islands” in the 3D tour I would suspect you could get from one to another via pulling out to dollhouse view and then clicking on the other location to enter into it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Briski2208 you also have to make sure that if there is a door joining the two spaces it was open during original scan or you will need to scan far enough away from the door or you will not be able to navigate thru it. You will have no issue even if there is a separate stair case, I just add a new level and have never had an issue.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Briski2208 private msg quote post Address this user
Update: The revisit and additional scan worked fine. The only issue I had is a little bit of distortion due to being 20 mirrors in one room.
Post 6 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Great I am glad it turned out, short of the mirror issue. Thank you for the update.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101631 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?