Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Just did my first scan of one of my current listings. Success! Issues I had were stairs. I had seen where you should work your way up steps. Couldn't get an alignment going up. I then started on the landing which only has 3 steps into the living areas. When I got the scan back the stairs showed fine goin down and then to front door. It's about 11 steps to the landing. I also had some difficulty in setting the tripod securely on the steps. Any suggestions?

When I went to label the floor plan I would get the first label placed ok but when I went to put the second it would change back to the first.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations on completing your first scan.

Steps can be challenging. Start with this rule: Steps belong to the floor where they start to go UP. So a flight of stairs going from the first floor to the second floor "belong to" the first floor.

I have found that one can usually go up three steps from scan to scan. (Matterport suggests four steps.) Be certain 1.) that you can still see something from the previous scan and 2.) there are sufficient differences in what the camera sees so it can align from one scan to another.

The standard "rise" on a stair in the USA is 7" and the tread is 11", so you will go up about 21" and "forward" about 33" for each scan.

I have discovered that "open stairs" can cause misalignments as well because the camera can see the lower level as you climb up, and it won't assign the stairs properly in the final model.

As for using the tripod on stairs: Put the legs on two stairs, about three stairs apart. Two legs go on the lower stair, one on the higher stair. Level the camera and scan. Then, as you move up, the two legs go where the one leg was.

I hope this helps you.
Post 2 IP   flag post
BrokerBruce private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks John!
Post 3 IP   flag post
101429 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?