Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCopyrightTipsTransfer Space

Transfer Model Also Transfers Copyright?6527

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

See More in the Matterport Could Subscription Agreement (26 February 2018) Section 3. Ownership and Licenses / 3.1 Ownership of Raw Sensor Data

Hi All,

A WGAN Member writes (below).

If Matterport is going to transfer the copyright when a model gets transferred, that NOTICE really belongs in the final dialog box before you hit TRANSFER for the last time.

Matterport, photographers care about this stuff.

While I that you can now easily transfer models, this copyright notice is essential.

See related WGAN Forum discussion:

How does the "Transfer Space" work?

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

P.S. BTW, I no longer get newsletters from Matterport. Thanks to the Pro that forwarded this on along with the message below.

-------

Dan, please share this without showing it was from me, I don’t want to be targeted by Matterport.

When they transfer the models, the MSP gives up all copyrights with it!

It’s at the bottom of the email announcement of that feature.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

Processing fees are charged to the account that the model was uploaded into from the Capture app, regardless of whether it was transferred before the next billing cycle.

When you transfer a model, you also transfer the copyright to that model to the new account. Transfer is irreversible, but a model (and its copyright) can be transferred back to the original account by the transferee. For more information, see 3.3.[1] Transfers of Copyrights in Raw Sensor Data, Space Imagery, Fixed Digital Objects and Non-Fixed Digital Objects >>.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I saw that too.

Doesn't sound right. I'd love to learn a bit more about this. It would be embarrassing if this verbiage was authored before the TOS shake up and somehow escaped the coup unnoticed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
jasondavidpage private msg quote post Address this user
What about the new 3.7 terms that were released with this updated 3.3?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod You beat me to it. So a new week starts again. I don't believe this escaped them at all. They need to find ways to word things differently but still do the same thing.

You will also see they don't refer to it anymore as photography lol. Maybe they found a very clever FINE PRINT lawyer on FIVERR and is jumping the loopholes.

If this company repeats next week all over again, it will be very worrying.

But don't we as the Photographer or aka the Monkey who pushes the button own the copyright???

Why must Matterport own the raw data ??? They cant still to this day explain it. Or if they do they, its like they have ADD, oh look a squirrel.

This needs to be addressed and taken care of now. There is so much more business out there that pays much higher than Real Estate with matterport. But who owns the content and security is going to be the downfall of this company. Hello Kodak.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101587 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?