Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Google Street ViewGSVMarketing

Does Google Street View benefit RealEstate?6516

advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
I am adding to Rons post earlier..

What are the benefits or pitch for GSV for Real Estate scans?

Basically does it put this house on the map more than it was before the scan?

Is it bonus to have the person walk from street into front door?

There has to be something...

I spoke with ***** inside Matterport, and they said that you CAN scan people inside a house.. for example a Realtor or back of heads should they be there. Only if its reported, will Google react or delete the scan.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@advancedhdr It is my understanding that for privacy concerns personal residences are not acceptable on Google Street View... if found out they would be removed and the poster could have ability to post stripped away... is this not the case?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I was told by a credible source that RES GSV from MP camera is not being monitored from Google. ONLY if the scan is reported will it be taken down. Thats not the goal here, its just good to know that MP scans unlike others are not censored it gives the content creator more freedom.

So to summarize, spoke to a head person.. at a company.. They told me that you are not supposed to scan people in residential, its a no no... but if you do, its not going to be deleted, or blurred like GSV.. ONLY if the scan is reported.

So apparently, its our responsibility to make sure the house has no ghosts!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I think the problem is greater than just the scan been taken down for real estate. They will cancel your account. They do not monitor it but is it a risk worth taking. I believe you could upload a residential apartment complex, their facilities and possibly also an apartment that they use for demonstration purposes.
Post 4 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
@advancedhdr If real estate is published to GSV, it will not make one bit of difference. The value is in being found in local search. Being found comes with having a verified and optimized business listing.

and no one will be cruising down the virtual street and say oh look there's a house with Street View, let's go inside - doesn't happen.

Google does not require blurring. Blurring is jurisdiction related now.

Google policies that relate to publishing.

1) Branding Guidelines
2) General Content Guidelines
3) Businesses Eligible for Verified Listings. (GMB)
4) Google Maps Privacy Policy

https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/streetview/sales/
https://www.google.com/intl/en-US/streetview/privacy/
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en
https://support.google.com/contributionpolicy/answer/7401426?hl=en&ref_topic=7422769

Oh and there are plenty of people that scour Google Maps looking for policy violations and spam to keep Maps clean & tidy. Will one residential RE publish be caught? Maybe not, but I found 6 Airbnb locations last week that had GMB violations, and these were removed immediately due to the authority (history & edits) granted my account, by Google.
Post 5 IP   flag post
well said PhotoDC.

Btw.. on that last note: anyone know if Airbnb or other sites allow tour in the listings? I saw something in this forum that they are welcoming tours now.
Post 6 IP   flag post
TrustedPhotoDC private msg quote post Address this user
Look up the thread on VRBO and their current testing. Airbnb is working on something, but nothing more than a PR release last December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedhdr
well said PhotoDC.

Btw.. on that last note: anyone know if Airbnb or other sites allow tour in the listings? I saw something in this forum that they are welcoming tours now.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?