Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
CDN

How many views can a model take ?6510

ThePhilOnMatt private msg quote post Address this user
I am working on a project that will involve a 3D tour of 150 to 180 scans. Once the "3D Space" is ready to be viewed on client's website (iframe) they will send a newsletter to their subscribers (1.2 million). Any idea of how many hits/views a Matterport site can handle? I have asked Matterport but no answers yet. Should I tell my client to try to segment their contacts into 3 or 4 different emails ?
Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated ;-)

Phil
Post 1 IP   flag post
immersivespaces private msg quote post Address this user
@ThePhilOnMatt I believe Matterport is using a CDN, so I would imagine you would be fine with that number. I've run syndicated media out to double that number without issue. It's going to take several hours for that many emails to send anyways, so they should space out well enough.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@ThePhilOnMatt I suspect Matterport will have the necessary resources as to my understanding there has been high profile scans put on to websites like New York Times that would have a very large viewership.

One major consideration for a situation like yours would be whether to have the link go through your site (such as by using WP3D models to give them a link or embed code) or just giving them the Matterport link/embed.

Obviously having it go through your site would be a boon to your sites SEO, but you'd want to see whether your sites hosting is equipped for the traffic.

I experienced what could have been a very expensive learning curve when I had hosting through WPEngine.... I typically don't give the Matterport link, but rather a link from our use of WP3D, and I was on WPEngine's $29/month plan which was rated for 25,000 visits/month. One month I had 140,000 visits with some high traffic models and they sent me a big bill for the overage. Fortunately I was still in the risk-free trial period and so I complained loudly enough for them to backtrack the charges. I am now hosting my site through SiteGround which has been more affordable. A couple months on the year I may have over 100,000 site visits, but I'm not getting overage bills from them.

Anyhow... that's a thought to bear in mind for the benefit vs. risk of having the traffic for highly-viewed models going through your own site.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101432 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?