Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport EcosystemNewsTOS

BREAKING: Matterport’s Commitment to Improve6509

Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport’s Commitment to Improve
BILL BROWN · WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 28, 2018 - 3:00pm PST / 5:00pm CST / 6:00pm ET

Hi everyone,

I wanted to take the opportunity to write our community to share further reflections on all that transpired in this past week.

There has been a lot of social media commentary around the company’s decision to make a change to the terms of service for Matterport Spaces. For those who might not be aware, we have rolled back the terms change and you can read more about that in the Inman article. I’m sorry for any trouble caused by this change, and for the way it was rolled out and communicated.

I wanted to ensure people have the confidence of knowing that we understand we could have done a better job and are taking our learning forward.

A few key things that I want to highlight:

We spend a lot of time talking with customers and partners and did in this case too. We didn’t talk with enough of you around the ToS, and we will continue to improve on that.

We haven’t been taking the right approach in making changes that affect our customers. We are reviewing and will change the process we have for rolling out any changes to give our customers better visibility into what is coming and an opportunity to comment.

Wherever possible, we will look to provide opt-in or opt-out options as appropriate. We see that the terms of service change, along with feature and pricing changes we’ve made recently, have caused frustration for our customers, so we need to get better.

Even after we make the changes above, some people still won’t agree with some decisions we make. In those cases, we’ll continue to leverage the strength of this community and leverage MOUG [Matterport Official User Group] to pave a smoother path forward.

To end on a positive note, I really want to drive home the point that adoption of Matterport technology is growing at an accelerating rate. As a point of reference, in 2017, 4.5% of real estate listings in the US featured Matterport, more than double where we were in 2016. That also means for US customers, 95.5% of the real estate market remains available, and Matterport is committed to working to help you successfully win the rest of this market.

There are even greater growth opportunities in all of the other markets around the world. We are at the tip of the iceberg and expect to keep expanding!

We are committed to your success and apologize for the mis-step on this. I welcome further feedback.

Best,
Bill Brown

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MatterportOfficial/permalink/1587590481347952/
Post 1 IP   flag post
Liam_Tayler private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that actually sounded heartfelt!
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that letter had some heart in it. Great speech writing So happy to see some key items getting highlighted with a promise instead of finger pointing our community.
Post 3 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroplex360
Wherever possible, we will look to provide opt-in or opt-out options as appropriate

Still, I don´t like how this phrase sounds...

WTF "wherever possible" means? Are they going to do it or not?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Frisco, Texas
Metroplex360 private msg quote post Address this user
@jfantin I'm sure that some features don't need an opt-in or opt-out... for instance -- the release of Showcase v3.0. As Matterport likely want their platform to be consistent for all spaces, they can't allow an opt-out of that.
Post 5 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Good speech from Bill Brown. Another step in the right direction.

I already liked the fact that he personally discussed the TOS issue on Facebook MOUG on Saturday.

And I can read from this Quote:
95.5% of the real estate market remains available, and Matterport is committed to working to help you successfully win the rest of this market.
that Bill Brown seems to have realized, that the Pros are his clients, at least the most important ones.
Post 6 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@jfantin I'm sure that some features don't need an opt-in or opt-out... for instance -- the release of Showcase v3.0. As Matterport likely want their platform to be consistent for all spaces, they can't allow an opt-out of that.

Thank you Chris. Maybe this is what Mr. Brown was talking about. Forgive me if I don´t trust him with all my heart!

There is a say here in Argentina ( I will translate and I think the meaning is quite straight): "whoever burns with milk, sees a cow and cries"

I am sure that you, I, and all the people in this forum are hoping for the best.
Post 7 IP   flag post
mikeb private msg quote post Address this user
A giant step in the right direction. Show your customers they matter first.
Post 8 IP   flag post
advancedhdr private msg quote post Address this user
Thats amazing stats.. somehow I heard it was 7% market scanned.. wow.. Now can say that, Trend has DOUBLED in popularity in the past year!
Post 9 IP   flag post
101438 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?