Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DystopianLegalMatterport EcosystemTOSTrust

ANNOUNCEMENT: Terms of Service Rollback6479

WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Does any body do this as Matterport insits:

"You shall obtain in advance all consents, approvals, licenses, and permissions necessary to capture and use imagery of such location".

If so how do you handle it and what do you have the client sign for permission?
Post 51 IP   flag post
jfantin private msg quote post Address this user
They need it so then they can get their "limited license" from us without facing any responsibility if someone else claims its privacy rights.

They will say: "Hey, I don´t know, this guy, the MSP, told me that he had all the necessary authorizations to capture and USE (this is the key word) imaginery of your location, so we are not to blame here, please sue your MSP"

I might be wrong on this, but I think I am not.

You know, once you know something about Matterport, you know everything there is to know about their intentions and their ways of getting what they want.

We have to keep an eye over this very cclosely.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
I don't get it. If the news articles were "false", why retract your TOS if you are right?

And why do I want to make use of my showcase privately and only I can view it as a "homeowner"?

This is so dumb, the whole way of how it was working, worked. And if a client wants to use a 3rd party service, well then let them it is their model they paid for it. Or allow us to assist our clients. But this still going over whom controls what just worded differently.

But don't worry guys everything is fine now.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzphotoman
Does anybody do this as Matterport insists:

"You shall obtain in advance all consents, approvals, licenses, and permissions necessary to capture and use imagery of such location".

If so how do you handle it and what do you have the client sign for permission?

Yes, I do. It is called an invoice and cash.
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@GlennTremain

Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb

But on a serious note, wasn't it odd that the whole idea of the ecosystem was left so vague and mysterious, and even in Bill's retraction he's only telling us what it isn't and what's the "wrong perception", but never once does he lay out his true plans for the "ecosystem". Let's face it he's not just interested in giving homeowners the opportunity to recieve contracting quotes from a distance. He's not an idiot. There's something much larger going on here and until he comes out in the open about it, it would be foolish for anyone to "opt-in" no matter what reward they are given.

That is also what I have been saying. I will bet money on this.
Post 56 IP   flag post
@DanSmigrod imagine everybody did this with reviews. Hey, I am getting bad reviews and I am a [redacted] so let us remove it. You don't, you leave it and you reach out to the customer and fix it. You don't remove it, especially when you are right and have nothing to hide.

I have never seen reviews being removed from sites before. Have a look at some of the restaurant apps, I don't know what you use in the US. You don't see them removing the bad reviews. No, you see the manager or owner reaching out and dealing or commenting on this. Or in the App store, no the truth stays.

Thye have made a big mistake by doing this. Not thinking we are watching. By doing this you are just losing more credibility.

And Matterport minions on the MOUG forum bad mouthing this forum is pathetic. If it was not for this forum, in all honesty, I would have never started my business. The advice and support and the people I have met on here was the biggest help for me in growing my business and accessing more opportunities and partnerships. If I just took the time that when I had a problem and reached out to Matterport and had to wait days to get a response compared to the customer service I got here on WGAN. Dan can we give you a Yelp review, as I cant find Matterport on there I think it got removed.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@GlennTremain

I have seen the reviews. Why tag me on this? I’m not that bright so please explain.

They didn’t delete his Facebook review they just turned off reviews on Facebook.

Those that don’t fully understand and feel powerless will continue to bash with public reviews. That has people considering you to do a Matterport to go and google Matterport and seeing all of the bashing and that there might be legal issues (although that is cleaned up) if they use Matterport.

So you hurt yourselves by continuing to review about something they reteacted.

You can give a bad review then give a good review and if they act up again you can give a bad review again.

Those that left bad reviews and talked about other stuff instead of this issue doesn’t help.

People that leave a bad review after retraction instead of giving them credit doesn’t help either.

You have shown your power, now preserve it while not hurting your business.

Preserve your rights while not cannibalizing your market. Just my opinion
Post 58 IP   flag post
Standard
Windsor, UK
leonvanzweel private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod @GlennTremain Watching Matterport's facebook average review rating plummet like a Stockmarket crash, I find it interesting that there is only one post TOS announcement review on Google. As far as I know, one cannot turn off your Google reviews like Facebook and go into "I don't do reviews on Facebook anymore because everybody hates me mode"

The asymmetric Power of Matterport Service Providers lies in the Google reviews. It cannot be turned off and stays on the internet forever. It is best practice for each review needs to be responded to by the "Owner". The unfortunate fact for an "Owner" is that anyone can create a, or multiple pseudo-Gmail accounts and leave anonymous reviews that cannot be erased from the internet.

Publishing your opinion on Google Reviews is a very powerful tool, but be careful not to shoot yourself in your foot.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
They can delete the google business account and open up a new one.

At this point I still say leaving bad reviews after they made an effort to fix things is not ethical and hurting YOUR Matterport business. How would you like it if you made a mistake then corrected it and people kept leaving bad reviews?

If you decide to hold back and get jobs and then they try something again there are ways more effective than google. But right now if you preach to leave bad reviews you are only hurting your business. Matterport learned a huge lesson and they will treat you better when it comes to stuff like this.

This is the last I will say about this and I wish everyone the best.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
Oh and I don’t believe Matterport should be allowed to resell what you paid in advertising to get, slaved over to create and market for your client.

So long as you pay the hosting it’s your right to use any way you want and if they have a client that they need to come to you to work out a remarketing fee.

It is YOUR product to with what you will. I preach to my MSP clients that they need to sell the shelf life to an agent that after the property sells to have the agent remarketed it for the community they sell in.

So thinking about it they are going to knock off the monthly price after so long. Do you get to keep marketing it? If you have hundreds are you not going to get charged on all? What is the savings this trade off will give you? I will try to catch up on this soon.
Post 61 IP   flag post
SchantallSchmitz private msg quote post Address this user
Hello everybody, I would like to hear your opinions.
As MSPs, we all cooperate with a company whose CEO is obviously either crazy or panicky. And that worries me.
It must have been clear to Bill Brown from the beginning that he violates the law by changing the terms of service retroactive and so a withdrawal of the announcement from Feb. 22. could be expected by us what happened today.
........................... ..
So I'm not talking about the question: Why did he do that?
Rather, it's about the question: how predictable is this company, on which we are 100% dependent? What happens if our 3D showcases disappear from the servers, for whatever reason?
I have a clear idea of what my customers will say then.
So far, we have always justified the question of our customers about the hosting of 3DShowcases by Matterport with the security of the data. We explained that only we have access to the 3DShowcases, no one can download a 3Dshowcase and therefore they can be reliably deleted. This is over now.
Our data, which we have stored on the iPads and have also archived for security, are worthless without Matterport. We have no alternative to edit or host this data with other programs.
That's why there is only one way for me. The rendering and hosting monopoly of Matterport has to go!
What do you say?
Am I too pessimistic?
Post 62 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Gerhard

I agreed with @GlennTremain

Let's give Matterport an opportunity to fix the kerfuffle that they created and then praise them for doing so.

Thank you for offering to review the We Get Around Network Forum. A video shout-out would be welcomed and appreciated.

Best,

Dan
Post 63 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Anyone can join the WGAN-TV Mattreport Ecosystem Town Hall on WGAN-TV Live at 5 (5 pm EST | GMT -5) today, Tuesday, 27 February using this link while the show is live. (In addition to the live broadcast, we are recording the show, so please do not join the show, if you do not want to be recorded.)

WGAN-TV Ecosystem Town Hall Format

1. A brief intro by me. Then ...
2. Question #1: What was your reaction when you heard the news that Matterport was changing the TOS?
3. Question #2: What was your reaction when you heard the news that Matterport was rolling back the TOS?
4. Question #3: What do you feel that Matterport should do moving forward?
4. Question #4: What is on your Matterport "Wish List"?
5. Question #5: "Wish List" of how Matterport could turn ragging fans back into raving fans?

--

✓ Discussion is encouraged
✓ Everyone will get an opportunity to speak
✓ The first time you speak, please let us know your name, company name - or WGAN Forum Member name - and location

If Matterport CEO Bill Brown joins the discussion, we invite him to go first and encourage Bill to answer questions.

Other topics we should cover during this Matterport Ecosystem Town Hall on WGAN-TV?

What to encourage others to watch? Give them the link: www.WGAN-TV.com

Best,

Dan

P.S. All WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Ecosystem

---

If you would like to test your connection, we will be live for testing from 4-5 pm EST | GMT -5) today, Tuesday, 27 February 2018.
Post 64 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
I also agree with Glenn. Let's give them a chance and see where they go with this.
Post 65 IP   flag post
ELAN42 private msg quote post Address this user
Actually, all of this way of doing business is illegal in Europe,
but still they are selling in Europe and investing in local offices
(London is 1st example).

I'm in Italy, and I like and use Matterport hardware.
However, I find outrageous this commercial and legal behaviour like "you sign up a contract that we can change anytime anyhow" policy.
Post 66 IP   flag post
mori private msg quote post Address this user
Any updates on this, especially due to the now acting GDRP and DSVGO (Germany). Would love to get some details especially related to germany. Now MP can really be harmed on any violation ignoring european rights on privacy and data protection when still offering there services here.
Post 67 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@mori

I could imagine that Matterport is busy working on their new Terms of Service ...

Dan
Post 68 IP   flag post
101436 68 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?